Talk

Advanced search

Cheap hotel with interconnecting rooms, France

(9 Posts)
BlueEyeshadow Tue 12-Jan-16 11:50:49

Does anyone know how to find a cheap hotel with interconnecting rooms in France? When I put it into Google, lots of places say they have them, but once I get to the hotel reservation screen, I can't seem to get them to come up.

We've always had family rooms in the past for one-night stopovers, but I'm getting sick of them as I find it impossible to sleep, and don't want to go to bed at the same time as the kids.

Thanks.

Branleuse Tue 12-Jan-16 13:27:44

where in france??

BlueEyeshadow Tue 12-Jan-16 13:39:36

Oh yeah, that might help. Reims/Champagne region. Thanks!

Slimmingcrackers Thu 14-Jan-16 08:45:06

Hi Blue [waves] smile

We always stay here when we stay in the champagne region but it isn't particularly family friendly tbh (although food is v good indeed!) but would be happy to enquire on your behalf.

Have you looked at the Mercure (Accor) range of hotels? I know for sure they have adjoining rooms in many of their hotels. This one for example in Reims has 18 connecting rooms although it is bang in the centre of Reims, which, as I recall, has a bit of difficult one-way system (ie parking quite difficult) if hotel car park full (50 places).

But might be worth exploring Mercure hotels a little further out. We always use them for pref when travelling around and find them of a good standard, often with good deals to be explored.

Will think about this some more during today ... .

BlueEyeshadow Thu 14-Jan-16 11:39:57

Thanks SC.

Ooh, that Cheval Blanc looks lovely, and if it were just me and DH we'd be there like a shot! Not the sort of thing that would appeal to the boys though. :D

Yes, we've been looking at Mercure/Novotel places and have almost settled on a family suite with room divider rather than interconnecting rooms, but have just sent an enquiry to the one you mentioned as well. So we'll see...

thewalrus Wed 20-Jan-16 13:17:30

Campanile's often have interconnecting rooms (chambres communicantes - apologies if you already know that and it sounds patronising) - I've always had to email the hotel directly to check/book them though.

Also, if you're looking at cheap/functional - premiere class hotels usually have two rooms behind a (lockable) single entry door, if that makes sense. So you can be in a separate room to the kids, but in your own locked area.

BlueEyeshadow Wed 20-Jan-16 13:39:21

Thanks, thewalrus - useful to know for another time. In the end we gave up on hotels and have booked a 2-bed appartment (cheapo!) on the way out and a posher B&B (chambre d'hote rather than the hotel chain) for the way back.

thewalrus Wed 20-Jan-16 14:30:06

Nice! Have a good trip smile

PolovesTubbyCustard Wed 20-Jan-16 18:09:59

Ah - too late.

We used to travel with two DSs - and I found that the best way to find out about interconnecting rooms -or at least rooms next to each other was to email the hotel directly. It's not always so easy to search on the main sites.

Hope you have a nice holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now