Looking for something like Martenhal or Ikos Olivia for Easter hols?

(7 Posts)
SirNiallDementia Tue 05-Jan-16 23:40:24

I'm looking for a nice hotel for a week's relaxing break at Easter.

So far I like the look of Martenhal in the Algarve and the Ikos Olivia or Oceania in Halkidiki.
It will be me and DH plus kids aged 4 and 8.
Luckily I work in the travel industry and get discounts on most hotels so I'm looking for something 4* or 5* standard.

Must be/ have:
Warm weather
Near a beach
Other kids to play with, Kids clubs and activities
Heated pool
Nice food or near a town/ village with nice food.
Flight not too long and no jet lag!

Do you have any other suggestions? Or experiences of Martenhal and the Ikos hotels?

ceeveebee Tue 05-Jan-16 23:56:01

Boabob suites in tenerife - loved it! Although not sure if kids club open all year round?

TerrysNo3 Fri 08-Jan-16 16:34:54

Ikos Oceania if you want a total relax and don't leave the hotel type holiday. The kids club was good, the pools are great. Food was quite good too especially the dine out option. The beach was rubbish though so we didn't spend any time there (lots of steps to get down to it, although they will drive you in a cart and urchins so you have to walk in via sand bags and then once you are past the urchins its quite deep until you swim a bit out to more man made sandbanks) But our kids (3 and 6) weren't that fussed about the beach.

Didn't really feel like we had seen anything of Greece but as I was 34 weeks pregnant it was not the time to be doing that anyway and I have probably never come back from a holiday so relaxed before.

TerrysNo3 Fri 08-Jan-16 16:36:07

Martinhal is also nice but much bigger and you have to walk quite a lot to get around and its super super windy there. The restaurants are super expensive and the quality is not great.

Definitely Ikos Oceania out of the 2 for me.

Bunbaker Fri 08-Jan-16 16:43:16

Average daily high temperatures in the Algarve and Halkidiki are 18 degrees in April. Not really pool weather.

How about somewhere in the Canaries?

juneau Fri 08-Jan-16 16:46:27

We just got back from the Sandos Papagayo Beach Resort in Lanzarote. Its 4* and I liked it. The beach in front of the hotel isn't that nice, but there are three pools + kids pool, kids club, 5 restaurants, bars, etc. If you hire a car there is plenty to do for a week on the island too. We really liked it and the weather was fabulous.

No1HolidayPlanner Fri 08-Jan-16 17:35:48

Easter is early.. Warm weather not guaranteed in the Med in March.. Canaries likely to be warmer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now