Talk

Advanced search

Lake Garda in April

(8 Posts)
Misty9 Sun 03-Jan-16 22:39:41

I've just booked flights for stansted-Verona for a week in late April. But where can we stay? 2 adults and 2 pre schoolers. Looking at campsites for mobile homes, but can't make my mind up and not sure if we should get a rental apartment instead... Peschiera del Garda is looking the best location at the moment, but open to suggestions smile

Help - have I made a terrible mistake?!

Behooven Sun 03-Jan-16 22:42:34

Hotel San Marco is in Peschiera, they have family rooms. We stayed there in July it's very reasonable, clean, fab breakfast and even a little pool which is unusual for small hotels on Lake Garda.

Behooven Sun 03-Jan-16 22:43:37

P.s. It worked out the Sam cost as an apartment, but with better amenities. It's a gorgeous place, hope you have a great time.

Behooven Sun 03-Jan-16 22:52:08

Sam cost ? = same cost

Misty9 Sat 09-Jan-16 21:35:26

Thanks beehoven . I'm looking at the del garda campsite as the facilities like playground etc would be useful. Most things aren't running at that time of year though and I'm hoping we haven't messed up with the dates!

omama Sat 09-Jan-16 21:53:53

Try Bella Italia? They have both campsite and adjoining small hotel. Not been but also been looking at going to Peschiera & facilities look pretty good there.

Sgtmajormummy Sat 09-Jan-16 22:15:13

Trip Advisor and booking.com have pretty extensive coverage in Italy.

Beware of the period 25th April to 1st May. Both those dates are Italian national holidays and people try to manage a short break around them. They'll be highish season.

Sgtmajormummy Sat 09-Jan-16 22:27:41

How about Agriturismo? Working farms with family accomodation. You'd need a car, though.lake Garda agriturismo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now