Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know Barcelona?

(4 Posts)
Dinkydoos Fri 01-Jan-16 09:18:42

Just booked some cheap flights at Easter and now looking st accommodation, prob Airbnb .
But I don't know the city and seem to be going round in circles!
Kids are 8 and 10. We like walking round more than metro etc. But main thing I would say is nice restaurants nearby so that we can eat out at night and have a few drinks but without faff on of getting metros back etc. We do love nice food so usually shun tourist trap style restaurants however we do like atmosphere/ charm so usually do a bit of a compromise .
Anyway I seem to be blabbing in but in a nutshell, central area , nice atmosphere restaurants at night that are near??? And any accommodation tips massively appreciated!
Thanks for any help!

DragonRojo Fri 01-Jan-16 10:38:41

I went with my 11 year old last year, and as we are vegetarians, I also wanted to make sure that I was near some restaurants that would offer veggie food at night without having to walk miles. We ended up hiring an apartment near Sagrada Familia, but eating out mostly round Paseig de Gracia and Barrio Gotico. I found and prebooked all restaurants in www.eltenedor.es

Barcelona is not huge and there are restaurants everywhere, so you should be able to walk to them easily, wherever you are staying. Do be aware though that non touristy ones tend to open for dinner at 9pm

mrsjskelton Fri 01-Jan-16 11:03:31

NH Duc de la Victoria - beautiful and affordable!

iwantgin Mon 04-Jan-16 17:22:04

Would you consider staying in a resort just up the trainline ?

I took DS a few years ago for four nights. Flew to Barcelona- train to Calella and stayed in a hotel there. It was significantly cheaper and more relaxed than staying in Barcelona city.

The trains are very cheap - and it took umm about 40 mins to Barcelona - a nice scenic ride along the coast. We could go into the city for a few hours and then retreat to our hotel and chill by the pool or go to the beach.

Just another option - particularly if you have DC with you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now