Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Booking a last minute August holiday

(7 Posts)
NameRanger Wed 30-Dec-15 11:38:39

For many different reasons we won't know if we'll be able to go on holiday until about June time so can't book yet.

Dh already has 2 weeks in August booked off.

Did anyone manage to book a 2 week August holiday in June/July this year? There's 5 of us which always makes it trickier as a lot of family rooms are only for 4.

We're open to going pretty much anywhere that has decent weather, although I'm not overly keen on going to Turkey.

I know that you don't get last minute bargains anymore but will there be anywhere decent left to stay?? I'm not talking 4 or 5*, just somewhere that is clean and not noisy at night.

Thanks.

LondonSuperTrooper Fri 01-Jan-16 11:41:03

Following this as we are in the same position as you.

whataboutbob Fri 01-Jan-16 14:14:04

Well we did last year and this may not be what you're interested in but we went to the Dales and the Lake District staying in family rooms in youth hostels. It was all about walks, kids playing with other kids in the hostels, enjoying the countryside. Cheap too! Booked around June time but maybe we were lucky and there was still good availability.

NameRanger Fri 01-Jan-16 17:36:22

London I've been researching holidays and loads has sold out over the last few days!

Thanks whataboutbob. Every time we've holidayed in the UK it's rained the whole time. The weather really puts us off but I will definitely consider the Lake District if we don't manage to get abroad.

We camp a lot so that's an option too.

Thanks again.

whataboutbob Fri 01-Jan-16 19:27:28

Certainly it was no beach holiday! We did have a coupe of sunny days in the LD and even swam in Windermere one day, went Kayaking on another, on 3rd day all we could do was trudge into town in our waterproofs, go to a teashop etc. The Dales were mostly rain free and there were a coupe of glorious sunny days, but of course it is always a gamble to holiday in the UK.
We're off to Croatia next this year!

whataboutbob Fri 01-Jan-16 19:28:18

oops strike through didn't work out.

Etak15 Fri 01-Jan-16 19:37:50

We usually book flights and then book a villa/apartment using sites like villa renters or clickstay, usually only a couple of wks in advance ( never in August but in other popular times) this might be something to look At if package holidays are booked up, we go to turkey but these sites have accommodation available for anywhere worldwide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now