Stargazing trip to Teide on Tenerife -recommendations or rent a car?

(7 Posts)
Mumfun Sat 26-Dec-15 15:21:35

Has anyone done a star gazing trip to Teide on Tenerife with kids? How long does it take? Seem to be few companies that take kids. Also expensive - I have a 12 year old who counts as adult. Any recommendations as to best way to do it?

ReallyTired Sat 26-Dec-15 15:33:36

Bump

iwantgin Mon 04-Jan-16 17:23:53

I don't know - sorry.

You could have a look on Tripadvisor - look on the destination forum for Tenerife. You will get some good replies.

Enjoy! I have been up Teide a few times- but only during the day.

lubeybooby Mon 04-Jan-16 17:53:04

Ooh something I can be helpful on for once. Rent a car and take the long, slow route up the mountain, the TF38 from Chio (good to combine with a trip to los gigantes as well) Take packets of crisps to watch them expand and pop with the changing altitude as you climb. Avoid the hairpin bend route from trevejos/vilaflor unless you enjoy fearing for your life and definitely do not get a coach as they will go the hairpin way. Nooooope!

rookiemere Mon 04-Jan-16 18:29:27

But can you go to the top on your own in the evening lubeybooby?

It's a trip we'd like to do - we go to Tenerife every October, but DS has a rather <ahem> limited palate, so I can't see him enjoying the evening meal option, or indeed the star gazing and he's a bit too old for a babysitter.

lubeybooby Mon 04-Jan-16 21:21:54

Yep you can, it doesn't close at all. I'd recommend going up with at least half an hour of daylight left though just because the views, and the caldera itself are just amazing. Maybe see if you can meet the organised trip after getting there off your own steam?

rookiemere Mon 04-Jan-16 23:05:45

Oh thanks we might do that then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now