Talk

Advanced search

Off to Bruges on Tuesday for Christmas - last minute recommendation for us please!

(4 Posts)
Wiifitmama Sun 20-Dec-15 17:52:09

We are taking Eurostar and staying in a house (home exchange with another family). The only specific thing we have planned is to see the Christmas markets and to go to the Ice Festival.

Any recommendation for anything else? What are Belgian Christmas traditions? Food we should specifically look out for etc?

Thanks!

Nittyb Sun 20-Dec-15 18:02:11

I went 3 weeks ago, loved it ... every other shop is a chocolate shop 😁 , waffles & gluwin in the square , make sure you get away from main square to see all the pretty back streets, it's all so pretty , worth looking at restaurants during the day & booking, they were very busy when we were there, you'll have a fab time 😊

Wiifitmama Sun 20-Dec-15 18:10:07

Excellent thank you! Yes chocolate and gluwin are definitely on the cards! And waffles for the kids (I am gluten free sadly!). I think for restaurants we are more likely to do lunch than dinner so hopefully not too busy. Was it as pretty as they say at this time of year?

Wiifitmama Sun 20-Dec-15 19:41:21

Anyone who lives there that can give me recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now