Flights? How much???

(6 Posts)
Dowser Thu 17-Dec-15 23:54:06

Called into Thomas cook to check on flight prices for oct to Tenerife . Thought she was mistaken when she said it would be £520 plus £67 bags. Thought she meant for two.

No! That was just for one over £1100 for flights only for the two of us.

I practically needed CPR!

bojorojo Fri 18-Dec-15 00:06:45

Only in half term week! BA is £128 return pp the week earlier! (£64 each way) Are the two of you adults and does it need to be specific dates?

FinestGrundyTurkey Fri 18-Dec-15 00:23:43

try travelsupermarket & fiddle your dates

www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/flights/?source=MS

Dowser Fri 18-Dec-15 09:08:16

From our airport there are only 4 carriers. Tc, Thomson, easy jet and jet2. Accommodation is booked. We flew out oct 28 this year which was half term. I would have thought flying back in ha
F term would not be an issue.

I only booked 4 weeks before and we paid £280 each including bags.

I'll just keep checking :-(

Madbengalmum Sun 20-Dec-15 17:03:09

Normally around £275-£300 each inc bags from a local airport.

rookiemere Sun 20-Dec-15 19:57:19

Yup Tenerife Oct half term is not cheap and I hate to be the profit of doom, but there's only one direction those flights are going price wise.

I thought we wouldn't be going next year as work took so long to agree my holidays, but then by a complete miracle Norweigan airlines have started flying from Edinburgh so I got the flights really cheaply. They also fly from Birmingham and Gatwick, if either of those are options for you?

Few things to try. Firstly try skyscanner and check what you can get - easyjet is probably your best bet as they've only just released the October flights. Or for jet 2 here's a 10% discount code MYJET2SALE10 valid until 24th Dec.

Is your accomodation non-cancellable as that would be a bit silly if you hadn't booked the flights? If it is you could try seeing if it's available to book as a holiday package through jet2 holidays as sometimes that's cheaper than doing it separately. If it's not cancellable then they may be amenable to a tweak on the dates - sometimes Fri- Fri or Sun-Sun is cheaper than Sat - Sat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now