Talk

Advanced search

LAPLAND 2 night break BUT NOT CANTERBURY - Thomson etc?

(3 Posts)
4yoniD Thu 17-Dec-15 18:12:30

Hello, I'm thinking of booking Lapland for next December, but can't afford Canterbury. Has anyone been with Thomson or Santas Lapland, or anyone else who comes in at the cheaper end? Would love to hear reviews, hints or anything! I've been googling and read one review which said Thomson were bad for a hard sell of extras when you get there (not magical!) but another review said Thomson and Santas Lapland both used the same hotel but Thomson guests got more "extras" (activites for the kids etc) and the better seating for food (so the SL people got cold food).

By the way, we are 2 adults, 2 kids. Canterbury is coming in at £4000ish, Santas lapland just under £3000, Thomson don't release their details until March (grrrr!)

Thank you!

jo164 Sat 19-Dec-15 09:40:14

Can't help with travel companies, but we did it a few years ago all independently - ie booked flights, accommodation, Santa visit, reindeer sleigh rides, huskies, a visit to the ice hotel and skiing lessons all for £3000 for a whole week. 4 of us as well. We do self cater as we find it works better, but 5* accommodation. We loved it so much we are returning at Easter for our 4th ski trip - 4 years on and it is no more expensive.

Bunbaker Mon 21-Dec-15 23:18:48

We went to Lapland with Transun in February. As DD is a teenager we weren't interested in the Santa stuff, and we wanted to have some daylight so February was perfect for us. Also it wasn't as cold.

Transun do Santa holidays, but I have no idea what they are like, but they are worth looking at. Our holiday was fabulous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now