Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If we liked Puerto Pollensa where else would we like? (Majorca or mainland Spain)

(14 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Sat 28-Nov-15 21:40:58

A couple of years ago we went to Puerto Pollensa and loved it so would like to find somewhere similar in Majorca or mainland Spain.

What we liked:
proximity to a beach; not a clubby party town; not a "Brit" resort; beaches that were large,sandy and not heaving; old towns nearby; countryside/mountains nearby; only an hour or so drive from the airport; a town that was walking distance to everything (rather than a city) .

Any suggestions of somewhere with a similar feel to it?

Preminstreltension Sat 28-Nov-15 21:43:55

Soller fits the bill. It's a lovely little town with a town square and and all little local shops - plus a nice old fashioned tram running around that takes you down to the beach bit of the town where there's a promenade and a long, sandy beach. No further than Pollensa from the airport iirc.

Bassetfeet Sat 28-Nov-15 21:50:51

Santa Eulalia in Ibiza is just so lovely and ideal for variety in beaches and towns . The whole island is easy to drive around and find those out of the way places. Beautiful island .

FloraFurball Sat 28-Nov-15 22:04:32

I second Santa Eulalia in Ibiza. We really liked it there. Not a party or Brit resort. Lovely big beaches, good shops & restaurants & well served by buses to Ibiza town (which is well worth a visit) & other places. Less than an hour from the airport as well.

NorbertDentressangle Sat 28-Nov-15 22:31:56

Thanks for those ideas - tomorrow morning I'll have a look at them.

Keep the ideas coming though.

dreamingofsun Sun 29-Nov-15 09:31:37

lagos in portugal

NorbertDentressangle Sun 29-Nov-15 13:13:51

Right I'm about to spend hours trawling Skyscanner, Holiday Lettings, Owners Direct etc looking at various flight and accommodation options so please add any more suggestions you might have .

If nothing else I'm hoping to at least narrow it down to a couple of destinations.

elvisthehamster Wed 02-Dec-15 17:57:29

If you check the search function you will see there are a couple of posts over the years on this...not sure if anyone has ever managed to quite find the place they are looking for.

We loved Puerto Pollensa and also really like Lagos area in Portugal..will be watching out for any similar suggestions!

Bobotybobjob Sun 06-Dec-15 22:08:54

Lagos isn't a patch on Puerto polensa, I wouldn't go back

NorbertDentressangle Mon 07-Dec-15 08:39:43

Well I'd love to pop back on and tell you that we've found the perfect destination that meets all the criteria ........ but we haven't.

Still undecided.

dreamingofsun Mon 07-Dec-15 16:28:58

what about one of the greek islands or stoupa (haven't been there for many years though so not sure how its changed)

Misty9 Fri 18-Dec-15 23:07:49

We liked cala bona in majorca, and a resort near there seemed lovely (NOT cala millor!) but I can't remember what it was called...

Misty9 Fri 18-Dec-15 23:10:44

Torrevieja seemed nice too when we stayed nearby in la mata smile

BLUEBELL22 Sun 03-Jan-16 20:02:12

We have this dilemma most years! Tried Santa Eulalia - it was ok. I wouldn't go back as there wasn't a lot to do in Ibiza. We like a couple of day trips from PP - water park or marine land or Pirates etc. Then tried a Eurocamp type holiday near Venice. Venice was amazing but I didn't like constantly sweeping sand out of caravan or the lack of different cuisines (PP has such lovely and varied restaurants). The only other place I'm now considering, which we went to once pre kids, is Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. We met a couple in PP last year who normally go there and were v complimentary about it. But honestly, I suspect I'm about to book PP for the 7th time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now