Talk

Advanced search

London to Belfast with a wiggly 9mo

(6 Posts)
CupofBoo Thu 26-Nov-15 23:36:44

Any ideas how to chill him out on the flight?

mouldycheesefan Tue 01-Dec-15 09:25:27

It's onlY 45 mins so a bottle, a cuddle a story and you will be there.

VeryPunny Tue 01-Dec-15 09:29:44

I've done this frequently with my two (eldest is nearly 3, did the journey with an 8 week old once), it's totally fine. Box of snacks, book, and you're there; sippy cup/boob for take off and landing. I always find the worst part is hanging around waiting to board and then trying to get htem to sit still and belted up waiting for take off. If you can, see if you can be last on rather than first - less time to hold them for.

mouldycheesefan Tue 01-Dec-15 09:38:56

ONe thing to mention is that although you can take your buggy to the stairs to the plane, you normally don't get it back till baggage reclaim and carrying a heavy baby through an airport can be a challenge so take a sling.

NeitherQuietNorCalm Tue 01-Dec-15 17:28:05

The flight is 90 minutes for some reason, journey to airport is also 90 minutes, then hanging around for ages too!

whataboutbob Sat 12-Dec-15 17:15:17

I'm flight phobic and my DS2 was becoming FB too. London to belfast was the 1st flight I took again to challenge my phobia. You take off, fly over some fields, see the sea, see the Isle of Man, land. It's actually quite nice! The easyjet staff were really good when ds2 had a meltdown on entering the plane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now