Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Booked a French Eurocamp for next year, should we change destination in light of Fridays horrific events?

(12 Posts)
winemummy1 Sun 15-Nov-15 14:57:29

Hi,
We have booked our Eurocamp hol for next year(La Garangeoire) & are so excited.We did a French Eurocamp already this year we are extremely excited. We will be travelling early June( overlapping with the Euro football championship s by 3 days)
Am I being an alarmist by thinking of possibly changing our booking to Bella Italia while there is still availability there, who knows what way things are going to escalate in France esp around the times of the Euros...

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Sun 15-Nov-15 14:58:52

No, you're being ridiculous.

MediumBox Sun 15-Nov-15 15:00:11

go it will be fab.

we will go camping at the cost in summer. no less safe than a british camping holiday, but warmer

NapoleonsNose Sun 15-Nov-15 15:01:32

Go. It will be fine.

SoDiana Sun 15-Nov-15 15:02:21

No. You're nbu. You're taking reasonable precautions.

CarriesBucketOfBlood Sun 15-Nov-15 15:05:46

You're being ridiculous. In a year the world could be a vastly different place. Depending on where you live in the UK, you could be more at risk during your every day life than you ever would on holiday in France.

Unless you're planning on avoiding all major cities, restaurants, bars, clubs and anywhere else where people gather, for the foreseeable future, then don't bother.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Sun 15-Nov-15 15:05:55

No I wouldn't. Would you avoid Devon because London had had trouble? That's similar I think. France is a vast country, as well.

expatinscotland Sun 15-Nov-15 15:07:18

Don't be ridiculous.

averylongtimeago Sun 15-Nov-15 15:11:54

YRBU. We have camped at la garangeoire and it is a lovely site, in a peaceful setting NOT anywhere near Paris/other large conurbation.

There is just as much likelyhood of an attack in Italy, the UK, other European country or holiday destination - the only way you could guarantee 100% safety would be to sit in an underground bunker somewhere miles from anywhere.

iwantgin Sun 15-Nov-15 15:16:56

No. I still plan to go to France next summer as usual

Don't worry and enjoy your trip.

winemummy1 Mon 16-Nov-15 15:18:00

Thanks for the replies, we don't want to change our plans & have now decided we won't, we are very excited about our trip & we love France but the recent events are very scary.

Branleuse Tue 17-Nov-15 13:27:18

i dont think a little eurocamp in the vendee is going to be a target at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now