Talk

Advanced search

Club Med for non-French speaker

(5 Posts)
Clippedwings Sat 07-Nov-15 16:14:25

Planning a summer holiday. Since DS was born 5 years ago, we have stuck religiously to Mark Warner (sun and ski). However, this year we find it is now out of our budget.
Looked at Neilson and it is also too expensive. We like the formula (activity if you want it, decent food, kids clubs and evening childcare, no camping) but need something more reasonably priced.
So we have come to Club Med, which seems what we are looking for and much more reasonably priced.
Question is: my husband and I speak whatever 2 years of French at school prepares you for, and my son speaks none.
Will we be all at sea? Particularly my son.
Any club med regulars/veterans out there who can advise?
Thanks.

GreenSand Sat 07-Nov-15 16:27:07

We went before kids, and the language wasn't a problem.
Guess it depends on what activities your son wants to do.

Clippedwings Sat 07-Nov-15 20:20:12

I'm just concerned that he might be stuck in kids' club without being able to understand any instructions or able to make friends. It won't be much of a holiday for him....

Crocodileclip Sat 07-Nov-15 20:31:07

It possibly depends on where and when you go. We went to the one near Nice in February when DS1 was a baby. I speak French so wasn't a problem for us but clientele and staff was almost 100 % French at that time of year. It may be different in the summer.

ClubMedUK Mon 09-Nov-15 16:19:39

Hi Clippedwings,

We’re pleased to hear that you are considering us!

Not to worry, although we are a French company, we host clients from all-around the world, from Australian, to Brazil and all around the US and Europe.

Why not give our UK based call centre a call (020 3642 6636 - open 9am to 7pm)? They'll be happy to advise you on the best international resorts to match your requirements.

Thanks, Club Med UK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now