Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Portugal villa/beach/surfing ideas please?

(4 Posts)
whattodo12 Wed 04-Nov-15 18:19:57

Looking for a nice, fairly quiet area to rent a villa with own pool to sleep 4 (2 or 3 bed). Don't want a big resort, happy with a c20 minute car journey to a good - and safe! - surfing beach. Happy to drive to restaurants same distance in the evening. Would like extra amenities - water park, go ape type thing - within relatively easy reach.

Any ideas on locations or even specific villas? Many thanks in advance - excited!!!!!

BackforGood Wed 04-Nov-15 22:27:03

Bumping for you, as thinking about Protugal myself smile

Costacoffeeplease Wed 04-Nov-15 22:45:38

I live in the Algarve - for surfing beaches you need to be looking along the west coast, at the very least Lagos, but preferably further north in the alentejo (Carrapeteira/Arrifana/Vale de Telha/Clerigo) and even above Lisbon (Nazaré is the famous one)

SquirrelledAway Thu 05-Nov-15 10:45:20

The coastal area between Areia Branca and Sao Martinho do Porto is a good family area, DH and DS have used surf schools along the coast here. It's about an hour or so north of Lisbon. There is a water park at Nazare from what I remember, and a good go karting track (Dinokart) near Lourinha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now