Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Amsterdam tips please!

(9 Posts)
hellswelshy Wed 04-Nov-15 17:09:55

Going to Amsterdam next week for my 40th with partner and friends! I've never been before and wondered if anybody could share some tips or recommendations for things to see, do, eat or general advice please? Thanks!

ChiefInspectorBarnaby Sun 08-Nov-15 17:50:57

The best restaurants and bars tend to be tucked away smile

rookiemere Sun 08-Nov-15 18:07:16

We did a dinner cruise with Lovers I think . Was really good,they also have a cheese and wine evening cruise that sounds fun.

Onykahonie Sun 08-Nov-15 20:51:25

Go for a rijstaffel (Indonesian set meal)...we ate at Puri Mas, but there are lots of other choices.

ClareLily101 Sun 08-Nov-15 21:17:10

I second the cruise, did one with Lovers last year (summertime) and will be doing another when we go again at the end of the month!

Coconutty Sun 08-Nov-15 21:21:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

torthecatlady Wed 11-Nov-15 00:02:01

We're going for our honeymoon in 2 weeks! Also looking for suggestions smile x

Iflyaway Wed 11-Nov-15 00:05:47

Great place!

www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting

sooperdooper Wed 11-Nov-15 00:12:43

We did a great pizza dinner cruise with unlimited bar - it was great!!

Agree with comfy shoes cos it's a place to wander about smile

Anne Frank house is a must, arrive early the queues are huge

The Bols experience is fun and you get a cocktail included, the Heinekin museum is quite pointless but we had a giggle, the Van Gough gallery I loved smile

Might not be MN aproved, but when in Rome and all that ;) be careful on the strength of anything you smoke though, first night me & Dh had half between us and fell asleep at 8.30, lols!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now