Copenhagen recommendaions please.

(13 Posts)
TheWindowDonkey Tue 03-Nov-15 23:24:31

Three friends travelling, no kids.
Looking for decent but cheap accomodation, and would love any suggestions of what not to miss.
TIA.

VegasIsBest Tue 03-Nov-15 23:37:11

Well in my experience you won't get anything cheap in Copenhagen. Try tripadvisor for hotels and info on things to do. Have fun :-)

knickernicker Tue 03-Nov-15 23:45:50

I know a family who stayed at generatorhostels.com/en/destinations/copenhagen/?gclid=COml--G39cgCFRcUGwodaqYHCw

Petrified1 Tue 03-Nov-15 23:53:00

Try Air Bnb. We were 6 adults and got accommodation near the centre for half the price of hotels.

TheWindowDonkey Wed 04-Nov-15 12:15:46

smile Vegas, when I say cheap I mean we'd like do the 2 nights for around PS200
Looking at air bnb and trip advisor holiday lets. Just thought it'd be great to find somewhere an mner had actually stayed so we know good bits and bad bits.

Anyone know which is the best area to stay in?

TheWindowDonkey Wed 04-Nov-15 12:17:17

Did they rate it Knickers?

sleepingdragon Wed 04-Nov-15 12:30:34

I stayed at the maritime hotel a couple of years ago. The decor is tired and some of the rooms are a bit small, but we thought it was great. It was cheaper than the 'budget' hostels and what made it better is that it included breakfast- every meal is very expensive in Copenhagen so this saved us loads. A couple of times we brought lunch or food back to eat in the dining room and they were happy for us to do this (it's used for breakfast and then for guests to help themselves to tea and coffee all day but nothing else). The location is good too, just a few mins from Nyhaven.

knickernicker Wed 04-Nov-15 12:43:11

Yes thewindowdonkey. Nice and more like a hotel.

knickernicker Wed 04-Nov-15 12:46:20

I also know someone who's booked Wake Up Copenhagen. Very quirky new good budget hotel with rooms to suit different budgets.

TheWindowDonkey Wed 04-Nov-15 21:59:28

Wake up looks fab! All booked or when we are there though. Booo. Thanks for the mention though knicker.
Thanks Sleeping, will look it up.

Allinafankle Sat 07-Nov-15 09:45:46

We stayed at the Bella Sky when we went to Eurovision in May last year. It's not in the centre but it's only about 10 minutes by very frequent metro, or there are buses, and I think there was a free airport shuttle. It's a very modern but lovely hotel and would definitely stay there again.

PrimalLass Sat 07-Nov-15 10:03:24

www.arthurhotels.dk/hotel-kong-arthur/

I stayed here with work, years ago, and it was great.

chutneypig Sat 07-Nov-15 10:14:09

I stayed here this week link.

There is building work going on to connect it to the neighbouring hotel in the next road so you do have to walk through an area which wouldnt be suitable lee for anyone unsteady on their feet where they're building a connection between the two. It's not the most swish hotel I've stayed in there but was clean and comfortable, very helpful staff.

It's also very central, near the main station, few minutes walk to Tivoli and plenty of bars and restaurants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now