Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know Croatia?

(3 Posts)
benetint Fri 30-Oct-15 19:47:53

My friend is getting married in Dubrovnik next June. I'm trying to work out whether it's best to fly out just me for a couple of nights or to make a family holiday out of it. We have a 3 year old and 6 year old - would anyone be able to recommend somewhere age appropriate within travelling distance if Dubrovnik? The kids are not invited to the wedding but DH would look after them for one day of the holiday while I went. Thanks so much in advance

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sun 13-Dec-15 11:59:11

You might already have made arrangements OP, but we had a fab family holiday in Mlini which is very near to Dubrovnik.

iwantgin Mon 14-Dec-15 17:21:56

Dubrovnik and the surrounding area is lovely.

I would make it into a family holiday. June is a good time of year - just warm enough but not yet high summer.

I was there this year, at the end of May. The weather was just warming up nicely. Would have been perfect for children.

I suggest booking in a hotel just on the outskirts - buses in to Dubrovnik are cheap and frequent. We stayed in the Lapad area - it was nice. The beach wasn't up to much - just a narrow strip of pebbles - but the sea itself is clear and calm.

This is the hotel I stayed at

www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/croatia/croatia-dubrovnik-and-islands/dubrovnik/hotels/grand-hotel-park.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now