Talk

Advanced search

Spain in July, Villa recommendation, possibly Javea area, flights help....?

(8 Posts)
bramblina Sun 25-Oct-15 22:51:38

Where do I start? Where do I look? We seem drawn to Javea area. Who is best to fly with- the prices seem all over £200 I was quite surprised. There will be 5 of us. Villa/village area recommendation please?

DragonRojo Mon 26-Oct-15 10:51:02

I cannot recommend a villa as I always stay with family in Javea, but if you need car rental, these people are good: www.autosjavea.com

DragonRojo Mon 26-Oct-15 10:53:01

And in terms of flying, the distance to Alicante airport or Valencia airport is the same, so do check them both.

Draylon Sun 01-Nov-15 18:02:15

Flybe don't release their summer prices til early Nov.

We book all 3 components separately; flights, car and villa.

We went to Monte Pego last year via OwnersDirect, I recall. Villa Miranda this site which cost £1500 for 12 days for 4 of us; the flights cost, via Flybe, Southampton/Alicante £1160 for 4. Car hire (Clio) was £260.

HTH

Draylon Sun 01-Nov-15 18:02:43

Car hire was via company called Firefly.

3catsandcounting Sun 01-Nov-15 20:50:49

Please be very wary of Firefly, particularly in Spain. They completely ripped us off at Malaga airport a couple of years ago; their fuel policy was 'pick-up full/return empty', They charged our card £140 for a tank of fuel on a Renault Clio.
There are some terrible reviews if you google.
Whoever you use, make sure their fuel policy is 'full-full' so you just have to fill it up on return.
Oh, and check if you need a credit card to validate your booking when you pick up - another problem we had last year in Italy - we only have a debit card and Hertz wouldn't release the car to us even though we'd pre-paid, (they couldn't comprehend why we didn't own a credit card!!!!) confused

Draylon Mon 02-Nov-15 08:19:50

Yes, we did do our research re car hire! And thus wouldn't have got caught out by the full/empty scam practically all car-hire companies pull. Sorry.

You need to have, on your satnav (that you brought from the UK) the position of the petrol station nearest the airport and make enough time to fill up.

We also have cheap, privately purchased collision damage waiver insurance; and we photograph any damage on the car, in front of the staff, at the airport.

skymax Wed 25-Nov-15 16:49:32

Javea is lovely and I have visited Gandia quite a few times (about 30 minutes north of Javea). Gandia has the most amazing blue flag beach which is really safe for children, and there are plenty of lovely places nearby to visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now