Talk

Advanced search

Driving in Corsica - scared!

(5 Posts)
mrsmilktray Sat 24-Oct-15 18:41:32

We've booked to go to Corsica next year, but I have now realised that driving around Corsica can involve driving along roads of terror. I am a VERY nervous passenger.
Can anyone advise me about which routes are least terrifying (i.e. fewest cliffside drops) We are flying into Ajaccio and haven't booked our accommodation yet. The criteria for me will be the least scary route!

elspethmcgillicuddy Mon 26-Oct-15 06:29:17

We had a great holiday staying in l'ile rousse. The roads from there to Ajaccio weren't scary at all. It's a brilliant place to go. The apartment we were in was great and very reasonable. Swimming pool, close to several beaches and a two min walk from big supermarket. PM me if you'd like to know more smile

mrsmilktray Mon 26-Oct-15 09:45:43

Thankyou I will look at that. smile

mrsmilktray Mon 26-Oct-15 10:17:11

Elspeth - how long did it take to drive to I'ile Rousse. Also was the sea safe to swim in? (not too rough)

elspethmcgillicuddy Tue 03-Nov-15 07:59:37

Actually we flew into Bastia but you can route the route on google maps to get a good idea. The sea wasn't rough at all. There was a brilliant choice of safe beaches along the coast a few miles in each direction. We went to the beach every day and didn't visit one twice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now