Talk

Advanced search

Tenerife - what to do if it's not hot or indeed it's raining ?

(14 Posts)
rookiemere Mon 12-Oct-15 17:16:57

Help - we're off to Tenerife on Friday and just checked the weather for when we're there. It's meant to be raining for at least the weekend shock.

Now we've been to Tenerife quite a few times before, but it's never really been anything less than pretty good weather wise, so I'm a bit stuck as to what we should do if it's not so nice.

We've done Mount Teide. We'll be at Arona which is near Costa Adeje and we'll have a car so happy to drive somewhere if anyone has any recommendations.

IfItoldyouIdHavetoKillYou Tue 13-Oct-15 16:50:55

Are you taking children?
Wrap up and go for long walk along Costa Adeje sea front, stopping frequently for coffee / ice cream. There's a lovely ice cream parlour on Torviscas beach promenade.
On the main drag in PDLA there is a mini golf course built around a cactus garden. DS2 loved it when he was about 12. Some huge and very old cacti there.
There is some kind of zoo called Loro Park but I don't like caged animals so haven't been.

rookiemere Tue 13-Oct-15 17:13:45

Yes we'll have DS age 9. We all enjoy a good game of mini golf so will look out for the cacti related one.
We haven't been to the zoo either - don't fancy it myself.
DH reminded me that there is a go karting circuit on the outskirts - DS enjoyed go karting when we were away in the summer, so might give that a go.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 13-Oct-15 17:16:18

Wrap up and go on a whale watching boat trip?

rookiemere Tue 13-Oct-15 17:21:43

I'd quite fancy a ww boat trip, but actually it looks like it's going to be more rainy than cold for a few days and I'm not sure how much fun any boat trip would be in the rain.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 13-Oct-15 17:29:22

I went to Aqualand in the rain. Figured I was going to be wet anyway so what did a bit of rain matter? Think me and dd had the place to ourselves. grin

rookiemere Tue 13-Oct-15 17:36:35

LOL - we've done Acqualand, DS much prefers Siam Park in fact we've got free tickets there as part of our hotel stay I'll try to sell mine on as I have no interest in going - maybe that's a good wet weather plan and I can read my kindle and drink Pina Coladas all day at the hotel grin.

ThreeRuddyTubs Tue 13-Oct-15 17:38:19

Loro parque has orcas in tiny little tanks like seaward. Not recommended. Personally if it's warm I would still go to a waterpark

rookiemere Tue 13-Oct-15 17:49:51

well I guess if they went to Siam Park whilst it was bucketing they wouldn't need to pay for fast passes.

Madbengalmum Thu 15-Oct-15 20:32:32

Avoid loro parque, so cruel.
Siam park is brilliant.
Have just come back yesterday, the weather is the hottest in october i have ever known. Showers lasted for about two minutes.

rookiemere Thu 15-Oct-15 20:34:24

Thanks madbengalmum - weather forecasts seem to have brightened up enormously from earlier in the week so fingers crossed !

sparkleyes Sun 18-Oct-15 19:56:12

We're off to gran canaria in Thursday and I've been depressing myself looking at the weather forecasts!

rookiemere Sun 18-Oct-15 21:52:52

We're here and so far it's been a lot better than forecast. We've had one shower this morning but meant that DH and DS got a head start on the queues at Siam park. Fingers crossed it remains good.

IfIToldYouIdHavetoKillYou Mon 19-Oct-15 10:29:23

Ah we were at Siam Park in August, I bet the queues are a bit shorter rook
I went with 19 and 17 year old DC and parked myself on the beach. Apparently there are several new slides since we were last there 4 years ago.
It was nearly 7pm when they finally staggered back to meet me.
Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: