Talk

Advanced search

I really need a quick convo re de Kempervennen and travel

(4 Posts)
Cherrypie32 Wed 07-Oct-15 20:42:14

I'm nearly there with all the details but can't work out the following:
1/ which ferry crossing to do for least time in the car
2/ ski centre - shall I book direct with them or with resort reception, will def book in advance
3/ do I need to book a dining package in advance?
4/ I have 4 free toppings with the booking - do I need more?
Planning on booking 28-31 Dec so could be busy and don't want to miss out on activities so planning like mad! Please help!

Asheth Thu 08-Oct-15 13:36:11

Can help with some of your questions! We were at Kempervennen in the summer.
1) Least time in the car will depend on where you are in this country. For us it was easiest to get to Dover and cheapest to go from there to Calais. Dunkirque would be slightly closer. It was about 3 1/2 - 4 hours driving from Calais to Kempervennen. It would be closer to go to Hook of Holland, although that's a longer crossing.

2) We didn't use the ski centre but hopefully someone can help you!

3) We didn't book a dining package. When we ate out we either booked on the day or just turned up in the evening. It may eb cheaper to book a dining package in advance.

4) Toppings don't cover every activity, so you will probably want to book other activities. We found we couldn't book online, so booked everything there. Although it was busy the only thing that was fully booked was the zip wire. Everything else we wanted was available.

It's a great place! You'll have a fab time!

Cherrypie32 Thu 08-Oct-15 20:03:02

Thankyou for your reply. Very helpful. Really glad you recommend. I'm going to book asap.

Draylon Sun 01-Nov-15 17:48:12

Book bikes before you go!

We did (note, 6 years ago, now!) and were very glad as they sold out quickly on-the-day.

We went via ferry (Dover?) to Dunquerque; and overnighted in Ghent (both ways). We met a family from Hook, Hants who'd driven direct, all the way via Eurotunnel which they said had taken 10 hours, I recall?

Do go into the nearby town, to the north. Food etc is way cheaper in the supermarkets and the local restaurants were fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now