Talk

Advanced search

Family holiday for 5 please help

(5 Posts)
Vix1972 Tue 22-Sep-15 22:40:23

I really need some help I'm driving myself and my DH crazy trying to sort out our 2016 holiday. I have three children who will be 13, 12 and 10 when we travel. For the last 13 years we have gone for the self catering option but this time we want to try the all inclusive option mainly to keep the children happy.....on tap food soft drinks and ice lollies!!! As very "picky" person I know it's not my perfect holiday but after this years holiday I want to go away and not do a food shop, cook, wash up etc I work full time and I want a true break. My only requirements are that its a short flight so ideally Spain, it's clean, great food and ideally access to a waterpark. Can anyone recommend anywhere please....I've been looking online and because there's five of us the prices range from £4000 to £15000!!! My budget is around £6000.

Hersetta427 Fri 25-Sep-15 14:23:58

Most of the first choice holiday villages have accommodation for 5. Only issue is your older ones may be classed as adults for pricing. They have kids clubs for all ages, football coaching, water zorbs and some have water slides. Alternatively look at splashworld hotels (also first choice) or Thomas cook Aquamania hotels.

littlequestion Fri 25-Sep-15 14:59:41

Iberostar has lots of aparthotels in Majorca, with several in Alcudia (gorgeous beach). We went to the Ciudad Blanca Apartmentos this year and had a blast. I would be surprised if some of the apartments didn't sleep 5.

I suggest calling the booking department - there's a phone number on the website and they speak English so should be able to help. If you do book, do it online. Follow them on Twitter (@Iberostar_Eng) and scroll down - you'll eventually find a link to a 10% off deal to hotels in Spain

imsorryiasked Sat 24-Oct-15 17:42:00

Have a look at the El Greco in Portinatx on Ibiza. We stayed self catering elsewhere in the resort but it seemed to be keeping everyone happy.

DirtyDripSpout Mon 26-Oct-15 19:30:54

I can highly recommend Barut Lara hotel in Antalya, Turkey. Slightly longer flight but well worth it. See the trip advisor reviews. The hotel is ideal for fantastic food, lovely facilities, great entertainment, a cinema, and a room which can accommodate all five of you - with a separate room inside. The hotel is also is very good for teenagers. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer than a week there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now