Talk

Advanced search

Ibiza recommendations please!

(10 Posts)
ButterflyOfFreedom Sat 12-Sep-15 09:08:08

Me, DH, and our 2 DC (who will be 3.5 years & 18 months) are thinking of going to Ibiza in June (yes, we're planning ahead!).
We've never been and just wondered where the best places / hotels are please.
Obviously we don't want to be anywhere near the 18-30 party crowd (!) - we're looking for a very family friendly hotel (we'll probably go half board), nice quiet beach (in walking distance from the hotel), close to restaurants / shops etc.
I've heard Santa Eulalia is nice? Or maybe Es Cana?
And are there any specific hotels you would recommend please?

Thank you!

imsorryiasked Sat 12-Sep-15 15:52:13

Have a look at Portinatx. Beautiful beach. Quiet area, but plenty of places to eat, and mini-markets (most of which sold "English" products if that helps). Would recommend getting a taxi transfer though as only 30kms from airport but at the end of the drop off route for coaches which means it takes 1.5-2 hrs to get there instead of 40 mins.
We stayed at the Del Rey Apartments which were really spacious and literally across the road from the sea, but these are self catering so probably not what you want.

ButterflyOfFreedom Sat 12-Sep-15 20:18:05

Thanks for your reply, will look into it smile

Behooven Sun 13-Sep-15 23:34:28

EsCanar is really nice, we were there (self catering) last year. It's a lovely family resort.

AnyFucker Sun 13-Sep-15 23:38:12

Portinatx

Lightbulbon Mon 14-Sep-15 08:12:24

I took my toddler to San Antonio bay. The 18-30 crowd are more in San an town which is quite seperate. The bay's beach is very child friendly- shallow and has a lovely view. You can also use the boat taxis to get across the bay which my toddler loved. Plus there's a swingpark where the Bay Area meets the town. And you can get the toy train ride from there.

I also took young DC to Santa eulalia but I didn't find it as child friendly.

If your DCs like beaches I'd recommend hiring a car to go to some of the remote quiet beaches the busses don't go to.

ButterflyOfFreedom Mon 14-Sep-15 17:50:19

Thanks all!

Any specific hotels worth looking into please?

Thanks.

Behooven Mon 14-Sep-15 19:50:47

We self catered in Es Canar. Lovely place called Cel Blau, two bed apartment with a giant balcony overlooking the pool. and it was as cheap as chips

AnyFucker Mon 14-Sep-15 19:56:41

I stayed at this one in Es Cana a few years ago when mine were small.

AnyFucker Mon 14-Sep-15 19:58:41

have also stayed here in Portinatx 4 times...it's great for kiddies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now