Talk

Advanced search

Taxis at Mahon airport

(7 Posts)
SirChenjin Sun 06-Sep-15 20:23:48

Probably a really obvious question, but we usually do fly/drive so have no idea how these things work....we're flying to Mahon in Menorca in October - can we just get a taxi when we land, or are we better to pre-book one?

AliceMum09 Mon 07-Sep-15 22:02:19

I would pre-book one, it will probably be cheaper. We always use this company I when we go to Majorca, they are very reliable and don't have crazy drivers!

SirChenjin Tue 08-Sep-15 07:45:31

Thanks Alice smile

Fugghetaboutit Tue 08-Sep-15 08:02:44

We're going to Menorca on Monday, I asked the hotel to book transfers for us as I didn't want to be waiting around with a toddler, always better to book ahead smile

BIWI Tue 08-Sep-15 08:16:54

We went in May and just jumped in a taxi at the airport - no problem. It's only a small island so doubt they're going to be massively expensive.

MissLay Tue 08-Sep-15 08:30:24

We've flown to Mahon the last two summers and there has always been a long line of taxis outside the airport

AliceMum09 Tue 08-Sep-15 20:25:05

It depends whether you want/need child seats - we always book with that taxi company because they provide them for a small charge.

If you don't need child seats you could just get a taxi from the rank. But then you'll have to sort your return journey to the airport out somehow. Just pre-book a return taxi and then it's sorted (I will admit I can't leave anything to the last minute/chance though! I like to be organised)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: