Talk

Advanced search

Help! Have you been to Croatia this August?

(11 Posts)
Saint5 Mon 31-Aug-15 14:38:23

If so, would you mind telling me how much your flights cost, where you flew to, and when you were able to book flights?

I'm trying to sort a holiday now as DH only gets really limited leave and we know his 2016 dates now. However, airlines don't seem to list their prices etc this far in advance. Bit worried that if we book accommodation now, then the flights might be too expensive or not match up.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

GinandJag Mon 31-Aug-15 14:40:34

DS flew to Zadar with Ryannair.

I don't know how much he spent, but knowing him, it would not have been a lot.

horsewalksintoabar Mon 31-Aug-15 14:44:28

I went to Pula on Norwegian Air one way (awful), Thompson the other (outstanding). I would advise you to go to Dubrovnik and the surrounding region. Pula was lovely, but I think down the coast is nicer. Air BnB is how we sourced our accommodation.

penguinplease Mon 31-Aug-15 14:52:05

We flew to Dubrovnik early August. Flights were approx £170 each. Worth every penny. Accommodation is cheap as is food etc.
it's a fantastic place and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Saint5 Mon 31-Aug-15 15:00:23

Ooh, replies smile. Thank you.
Any idea when you could book flights? Is £170 return fare? Were there flights every day of the week? How long would it take to drive from say Zadar or Pula to Dubrovnik do you think?

iwantgin Mon 31-Aug-15 15:04:55

Not August - but i went to Croatia in May (Spring Bank hol).

Booked a package holiday - with Thompsons as doing flights plus accommodation was coming out more pricey.

Ooh - you have me wanting to book again now. ;)

EverybodyKeepCool Mon 31-Aug-15 18:26:54

We have just returned from Zadar, we booked our flights with Jet2 from Leeds to Split in March and they were around £900 for 4 of us but would have been much cheaper if we'd been more decisive and booked earlier! The coast around Zadar was lovely and we are thinking of returning to explore the Split area next year. Split airport is pretty awful and not air conditioned so you want to spend as little time in it as possible!!

Saint5 Mon 31-Aug-15 22:02:11

Thanks again. Useful to know Zadar is lovely!
Anyone else?? I would like a ball park figure of costs if booking early, and how soon we can do so, if possible! Ta.

WorktoLive Thu 03-Sep-15 13:04:55

You can book August 2016 flights or packages to Croatia with Jet2.com if any of their departure airports are any good. We've used them loads and they've been pretty good.

pearlgirl Wed 09-Sep-15 21:41:08

We flew to Split from Manchester with Easyjet - 3 hold bags , speedy boarding and picked seats for 6 at about ??800 - we had a fab time but Split airport was small with little seating and we had a bit if a wait on the way back.
We booked our flights around Christmas time .
We all loved Croatia and are already planning a return trip.

pearlgirl Wed 09-Sep-15 21:44:04

The Martins money tips email I got the other day had some advice about good dates to book Easyjet - sorry I can't link here but might be worth looking at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now