Talk

Advanced search

Luxury with kids

(4 Posts)
ProjectPerfect Sun 16-Aug-15 17:30:30

Looking for a really luxurious holiday somewhere in Europe with plenty of activities to keep DC busy (preferably some structured so that DH and I can have some mornings to ourselves)

Whilst I like the convenience of a big resort (for the DC activities) I'm also wanting cobbled streets, quaint cafes and a real European feel.

Any ideas??

exLtEveDallas Sun 16-Aug-15 17:41:39

I wouldn't call it luxurious, 3-4 star at best, but we've just come back from the Blue Lagoon Resort in Kos and it would certainly fit the bill for your other requirements.

Lots of activities/games/sports - every 30 mins from 1000 to 1700.
Kids club 10-1200 and 15-1700
Small water park
Largest swimming pool in Europe
Lovely grounds/Spa/adult only areas.

Extremely clean, good food, lots of staff. Beach is a bit of a disappointment though.

Best of all it was only 10 mins in a taxi to Kos Old Town, which fulfils the cobbled streets, cafes, history part of the brief.

We spent a few nights sitting watching the luxurious yachts parked up next to the fishing boats as well - how the other half lives smile

You can do day trips to Turkey on a simple passenger ferry or hydrofoil. Or you can go on organised trips to other Greek Islands/dolphin coves/historic monuments etc.

(yes there are migrants, no we didn't see any trouble or begging, no we didn't see 60k of them, nor did we see any tipping up in rubber dingys)

There is also the more luxurious Blue Lagoon Village at the other end of the island that was lovely (we spent a night there) but it was too isolated for me.

ripple11 Sun 16-Aug-15 19:12:35

How old are the kids?

www.vilavitaparc.com is a fantastic 5 star resort. Highly recommend. However it isn't surrounded by cobbled streets...you would need a car :-)

Otherwise www.marbellaclub.com is a possible, although Marbella isn't that quaint :-)

ProjectPerfect Sun 16-Aug-15 19:49:47

Kids will be 5-11 for next year.

Both vilavitaparc and Marbella beach club look nice -although both websites are hard work hmm

No availability posted for next summer yet (I'm thinking ahead!) so difficult to figure out cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now