Talk

Advanced search

DISNEYLAND PARIS PLEASE HELP ME

(9 Posts)
time2answertoday2014 Sat 15-Aug-15 23:24:10

Hi, sorry if there is a thread out about this. But can someone please help me, I would like to find a good package deal for 3 nights, for 1 adult and 1 child. Which websites is genuine. I had a look at the hotels and I would like Explorer, or any hotel which provides free shuttle to the park. Unsure whether to go by Euro star or travel from Gatwick. Im looking to go either the weekend before bank holiday Fri 28th August 2015, or in October half term, Fri 23rd Oct 2015 for 3 nights. Which Disney hotel is reasonably priced? I welcome all suggestions on budget packages. D.s is 6, and will still be 6 on return journey. Thanks.

toomuchcoffeetoomuchwine Sun 16-Aug-15 21:51:37

We did it fairly cheaply - arranged own transport there (drove, train easy too) and then stayed at the Radisson Blu 10 min away which has shuttle buses to the park. We got a good rate as booked in advance, lovely big breakfast & swimming pool. All the Disney hotels were £££ and looked rubbish.

Worth noting here that currently it is reported in the press that Disney Paris is being investigated for charging UK based customers higher prices that France-based customers. Think before buying a pricey package from them!

Other things: you are allowed to bring sandwiches etc in with you (but not a big cold box type-thing). The food in the park is expensive and unappetising looking.

AliMonkey Sun 16-Aug-15 22:10:07

We have stayed at the Explorers hotel three times. Just as convenient as some of the actual Disney hotels and much cheaper whilst still fun and themed. We booked hotel via Expedia then separately booked travel and tickets. Found it cheaper that way than any of the packages.

Ledkr Sun 16-Aug-15 22:19:22

I went with dd so same as u.
Did Eurostar and booked hotel with them and park tickets online.
I love explorers and Ive been to some posher ones since but explorers is my fav.
Enjoy.

time2answertoday2014 Mon 17-Aug-15 00:58:16

Oh, thank you all for your input, I wish I read the replies earlier. I have booked through Worlds Travellers for October 23rd and going for 3 nights, im so excited. Yes Disney website is a rip off, I actually spoke with someone this afternoon and the cheapest price i was quoted was to stay in the magic circus hotel for just over 1k, i kindly declined.As mentioned I wish i read the replies earlier, then i would've paid for my travel separately, like what Ledkr and AliMonkey did. World Travellers did the whole package for me, park tickets, eurostar tickets, hotel at Explorer, which includes breakfast daily, for 690 for 3 nights and 4 days, I still think this is quite expensive, but my son and me are excited that its all booked and paid for. How much spending money do you think is enough for the Friday to Monday. I will be getting very early eurostar at 6.50 am and will be in DLP by 12.05pm (ish), as its just me and d.s, is £400.00 enough? How much will that be in euros?

Ledkr Mon 17-Aug-15 11:20:12

I think that sounds reasonable.
You can spend as much as you need to.
I'm afraid mn will hate me but we did take linch from the breakfast buffet. Bread, cheese and a bit of fruit, but we only ate small breakfasts with no waste (unlike many) so didn't feel bad.
I took plastic bottles which I filled with water from the breakfast too.
In the park we only bought ice creams.
We ate at either disney parks or disney village. (Book restaurants online if you want rain forest or mickeys cafe etc) in the Magic Kingdom we found the Acropolis good value. Big burgers chips and drinks for about 12 euros and plenty of seating. We are here while waiting for the fireworks to start.
Mcds in the village is another cheap option.
Explorers is first to pick up on shuttle route so easy to get a seat.
Get to parade routes early if you want to see them and start walking out before the fireworks end or its a blooming nightmare!

Ledkr Mon 17-Aug-15 11:22:10

Oh and buy him a disney outfit in the uk.
Dds new frozen dress 22quid in smiths, same dress 69 euros in DLP shock

time2answertoday2014 Mon 17-Aug-15 21:22:22

Thank you, that's nice to know that Explorers are the 1st to be picked up. We had the phone call from Mickey Mouse today, my son listened to the call, and he had the biggest smile on his face. I think im more exited than him. How was the travel in the euro star? This is our 1st trip there.

Ledkr Mon 17-Aug-15 23:04:58

Lovely trip.
St Pancras is nice, you check in early like an airport then we went for breakfast.
Nice comfy train, we chatted and read our books.
Stops right at DLP so you walk right out and you are there.
We dumped out stuff at the hotel then went straight to the park!!
Exciting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now