Talk

Advanced search

shall I take a buggy to Copenhagen?

(6 Posts)
minitoot Sat 15-Aug-15 18:55:49

We're going for 6 days and staying with friends. DS is 3 yrs 2 months. He's perfectly fit but obvs gets tired walking long distances. We like walking and would like to see as much of the city as possible.
Advantage of taking the buggy (umbrella fold style).
- we don't have to drag/ carry DS when he's tired/bored of walking.
Disadvantage
- bit of a faff taking it to and from the airport (but not a huge deal really)
- friends live in apartment up lots of stairs with no lift

I'm a bit worried that if we take it we'll end up pushing him everywhere. he doesn't use it much at home, usually he's on his balance bike. OTOH does it matter if we end up pushing him everywhere? I don't really know.

camperdine Sat 15-Aug-15 18:58:45

I would just take it and make life a bit easier. Check with your friends as there might be somewhere you can leave the buggy downstairs or in the basement.

bittapitta Sat 15-Aug-15 19:02:44

Yes. It's fine to leave buggies outside cafes and in the lobby of apartment buildings. You see people with huge buggies and there is space for them on trains etc

BrianButterfield Sat 15-Aug-15 19:04:22

Ask your friends if they could borrow one from someone? Then you get the best of both worlds.

HopeClearwater Sat 15-Aug-15 19:48:51

Yes definitely!
Copenhagen is an extremely child-friendly place. I took a double buggy there and it was easier to use there than in the UK, by far. You can easily get them on buses and trains too.

minitoot Sat 15-Aug-15 20:28:05

Thanks! I think I'll just take it - is a good idea about asking to borrow one but am already feeling guilty about landing them with a 3 year old for a week (they're old) and don't want to bother them more than necessary smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now