Talk

Advanced search

City break suggestions with a 1year old?

(9 Posts)
PeppermintInfusion Mon 10-Aug-15 11:34:50

DH and I love city breaks, though this is a good excuse to have a baby free weekend we'd also like to bring along our baby too.
Any recs on good cities (or ones to avoid!) We will have a lighter buggy etc

eurochick Mon 10-Aug-15 11:38:55

Sling! Pavements are often not great for buggies.

PeppermintInfusion Mon 10-Aug-15 12:00:03

Oh part of my message didn't post, yes I often use a sling though not sure I could carry him in it all day but would definitely bring it too

Lovage Tue 11-Aug-15 13:52:00

We went to York for a weekend with our then 1 yr old. It was lovely, apart from him coming down with chicken pox, which hopefully won't happen for you.

noramum Wed 12-Aug-15 16:17:04

Babies/Toddlers live in all cities so it really depends of your expectations what you want to do.

We take DD to castles, museums etc since she is born. It always worked well, especially before she was too mobile and still slept twice a day.

But, for me the deal breaker for a proper city break was the evening. She was not a baby to take out late, she needed a bed to sleep. No way I would eat dinner at 6pm and sit in a hotel room all evening.

angelcake20 Thu 13-Aug-15 23:30:19

We went to Barcelona when Ds was 20 months (and DD quiet a bump). It was great - shortish flight, good weather, good public transport, loads of playgrounds, beach, lots to see and do, and in the evenings Ds would just fall asleep in the pushchair until we were ready to go home. He was pretty placid, though, and we didn't get to try anywhere else for a bit.

angelcake20 Thu 13-Aug-15 23:31:26

*quite

rosy71 Sun 16-Aug-15 20:53:10

We took ds1 to Bruges when he was 2.5. He enjoyed the horse & carriage ride around the city & we visited an art gallery whilst he slept in the buggy.

callamia Sun 16-Aug-15 20:59:13

We went to Amsterdam when my son was just one. It was great - parks, boat trip and pancakes. Also, we took the train there so v easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now