Talk

Advanced search

Driving in France - will liber-t Balade toll tag from 2010 still work?

(8 Posts)
TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 09-Aug-15 21:36:28

HELP!
We last used it in 2010 & haven't been back to France since. It's one that cost €10 when ordered but after that you only pay when you use it (& thinking about it, the credit card it was registered to will have expired)

Also the car it was fixed in is long gone & we don't have the sticker to go behind the mirror - would just holding it up work?

I get emails from APRR occasionally but they're all in French confused

We're going on Friday so too late to start again...I don't want to get stuck in the telepeage line first time of trying & hold people up!

fredabear Sun 09-Aug-15 22:53:00

it will work, but you'll need to update cc details. Email them or log on to their website to do this. We used pritt pads/blu tac to move ours to a different car, but holding it up as you go through also works. Bon voyage!

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 09-Aug-15 23:00:04

Thanks, freda smile

I did try logging on (on my phone) earlier but didn't get anywhere. Not sure if I was putting the wrong number in but when I asked for a user name the email said (& I quote)

"You (or someone on your behalf) have requested recovery of your username for the Sanef Tolling website.

"Your username is:

"Kind regards,

"Sanef Tolling Support"

hmmgrin

I'll have a go on the laptop tomorrow & if that's no good I'll try emailing. Good to know it should still work anyway

iwantgin Sun 09-Aug-15 23:02:48

They have a battery life of five years. So it may or may not work. grin

On a trip earlier this year we came to France in Do car(the mounting device is in my car) so used blu tack to hold it in place.

iwantgin Sun 09-Aug-15 23:03:15

Do = Do

iwantgin Sun 09-Aug-15 23:03:44

Oh my goodness. Dh

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 09-Aug-15 23:12:49

Thanks, gin. I'd better ask about that too then. The thing has been sat in a cloth bag in the house all this time so no extremes of temperature.

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Mon 10-Aug-15 12:58:38

well I have spent a jolly hour on the APRR website, with much help from google translate grin trying, & failing, to update payment records & have given up... it asks for IBAN & BIC numbers but won't accept UK ones & there's no option to add a credit card confused

So I've ordered a new one from the UK site instead. It's more expensive but only a few quid a year & at least if I have problems in the future I can just ring up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now