Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Slovenia?

(4 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sun 09-Aug-15 21:18:14

And could you recommend an area to rent a villa in?

Looking for an area with hiking, fab scenery. The area round the Julian Alps looks great. I don't mind a bit of uphill walking but don't want to spend the week killing myself up mega steep mountains, would prefer something a bit gentler I think.

Allinafankle Wed 12-Aug-15 19:28:54

We're just back from Lake Bled and it is spectacular! Can't recommend it enough. It was 35 degrees whilst we were there so didn't get as much hiking done as we'd like but we walked round the lake, went to Vintgar Gorge, made the short trip to Lake Bohinj and went up in the cable car and chairlift to some walks ... I wanna go back!

VivaLeBeaver Wed 12-Aug-15 19:34:26

Oooh, you're the third person in a week who has said Lake Bled so that looks like it needs more investigating. It looks fab from photos in the interweb. Thanks.

nicemarmot Wed 12-Aug-15 19:43:25

Ooh, I loved Slovenia- beautiful place to go on holiday. Hired a car and visited a few places. Ljubljana (sp?) is great for a night. We went to the Soca valley- the river water was so bright blue it looks unnatural. Can't remember off hand the name of where we staid but found it through i-escape. Think they have a few places in Slovenia listed so worth a look. We went on spring and the wild flower meadows were amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now