Talk

Advanced search

France to Spain via Pyrenees

(9 Posts)
GrimbleGrog Sat 08-Aug-15 18:52:08

We're staying in SW France and we're tempted to drive to Spain through the Pyrenees, any suggestions for the best route please?

In fact any tips at all would be much appreciated smile

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 09-Aug-15 21:23:19

When you say through, do you mean over or around?

We did a day trip from Canet to Barcelona once & definitely didn't go over grin

TheOneWiththeNicestSmile Sun 09-Aug-15 21:25:02

Or are you on the Biarritz side?

jenpetronus Mon 10-Aug-15 08:39:27

We did this a few years ago, we stayed in Jaca in the Pyrenees on the outward trip - fantastic interesting place but would strongly advise against trying to stay there - there is not a single parking place in the whole town. We returned at the other side and stayed in Andorra. Depends where you are?

GrimbleGrog Wed 12-Aug-15 21:12:14

Am I being ridiculous, I think I may be? we're planning on travelling from Oleron-Sainte-Marie to Jaca, just for the hell of it. I won't need climbing equipment and a sherpa, will I?

GrimbleGrog Wed 12-Aug-15 21:15:15

We were thinking we might drive down, step into Spain (Jaca), then turn around and go back to our campsite (Landes). Am I bonkers?

jenpetronus Wed 12-Aug-15 21:27:40

It was a great trip for us. Beware of parking in Jaca though, I've never seen anything like it. It's certainly do-able from where you are. We live in Brittany & did it in an easy days drive, then on the next day to Caba Roig in the South smile

GrimbleGrog Wed 12-Aug-15 21:29:27

Great, thanks jenpetronus. What's the E7 road like? Is it all twisty bendy with terrifying drops?

jenpetronus Thu 13-Aug-15 09:24:10

We loved it! It's a few years ago now, and yes, there is a bit of twisty-bendy, but the mountains are just lovely. DS1 was 4 at the time and still remembers the massive tunnels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now