Talk

Advanced search

UK Flights to Krakow

(7 Posts)
DameMargaretOfChalfont Sat 08-Aug-15 18:25:57

As someone who hasn't flown in over 25yrs I'm looking for advice.

Next year I am thinking about booking a few days in Poland with the company detailed here.

My worry is that I have to book my flights independently and I'm struggling to find a local airport (I live in East Yorkshire) that flies direct to Krakow.

I've played about on google putting random dates into various websites but my local airports (Leeds or Humberside) don't appear to fly there.

Is there an easy website to use that details what airports (rather than airlines) fly to Krakow?

Also, when booking this type of break (ie flights and holiday package separately) is there anything I should be aware of?

As yet I have not firmed any particular dates - is there an "optimum" time to book flights to get the best price?

All comments/advice is welcome.

tribpot Sat 08-Aug-15 18:52:57

I just looked at the Krakow Airport website (you can see it in English) and at arrivals - I can see you can fly there from Leeds Bradford (Ryanair) or from Birmingham/Edinburgh, also from Ryanair.

I flew there on BA from Gatwick many years ago. Nowadays to avoid Ryanair I would probably look to fly via Schiphol on KLM. I would go for Humberside as it will be cheaper than Leeds.

Seems doable with a relatively short (1hr) layover in Schiphol (leaving from Leeds anyway).

For general searches I would use Expedia but bear in mind the budget airlines may not make their flights available there.

DameMargaretOfChalfont Sat 08-Aug-15 19:12:51

Thankyou Tribpot - I'm playing around on google and can see the flights that you've mentioned.

If I select a flight where I have to change midway (like the KLM ones) do I need to collect my luggage at Amsterdam and check it in again for my connecting flight or is it done for me?

Sorry to sound so stupid but I last flew in 1988 on a package tour so I've never been an independent traveller!!!

ginmakesitallok Sat 08-Aug-15 19:17:27

If you book from leeds to krakow then your luggage will be transferred automatically. You'd only need to pick it up and recheck it if you booked the flights separately.

DameMargaretOfChalfont Sat 08-Aug-15 19:51:37

Thank you smile

tribpot Sat 08-Aug-15 22:43:06

By the way, that Krakow package looks great - pickup from the airport will be really helpful. I'd talk to the travel company about reserving the package place whilst you sort out the flights, so you don't book one to then find the dates for the other aren't available. I'd book the flights as soon as you can.

In terms of the Krakow options, I would book the Zakopane day if you can, Zakopane is beautiful (and frankly you will need an antidote to Auschwitz).

Apollina665665 Tue 18-Aug-15 13:59:42

Just got back from Polish. I had the same problem as you (with a combination of all appointments - flight ticket booking, hotel)
I found this way: krakowdirect.com/auschwitz_tour/
You call and you give flight date and address of the hotel, the rest is being prepared by them.
You get one driver for the whole trip (we had nine passenger car). On the first day pick up from the Balice airport and arrived to the hotel. On the second day tour of Auschwitz and the Wieliczka Salt Mine (Reserved tickets were before). On the third day we went to Zakopane.
We were able to Install in some things in the car. The drivers were very nice and most importantly English speaking. My daughter liked them very much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now