Talk

Advanced search

Dodgy weather in Alps next week...

(5 Posts)
Pupsiecola Sat 08-Aug-15 15:39:56

I posted this in Chat but not much respone yet. We're returning to Samoens mid August for a week. We went last year and had a great time although the first day was constant grey skies and rain. After that it was glorious and we went white water rafting, cycling, hiking, tobogganing etc.

The forecast for our week there is really not good. One dry day. We're in need of this holiday and the thought of being stuck in our self-catering chalet or out in the rain is not what we had planned. Of course the forecast could be wrong, but we're thinking about changing location and booking somewhere else. We fly into Geneva and places I've thought about so far are:-

Antibes
Port Grimaud
Avignon
Genoa

I know the Cote d'Azur very well. Don't know Italy. We're going for a week DH, DS1 (12), DS2 (10) and me.

Any ideas? I guess anything up to a 5 hour drive would be okay. I would feel very bad for the chalet owners if we cancelled but at the same time don't want to risk being suck indoors for a week. Has been/will be our only holiday this year.

Thanks.

JillJ72 Sun 09-Aug-15 22:12:46

Avignon is stunning and lots to see and do there, and in the surrounding areas - there's the Pont du Gard, Arles, Nîmes, Rousillon, a nice long list. That'd get my vote.

todayiamfat Sun 09-Aug-15 22:17:17

I am in Samoens right now! Pissing it down. Massive thunderstorm last night. The forecast here says it will clear after tomorrow (I fly back from Geneva Tuesday).

To be honest. The village is as normal. Bustling despite the weather.

Pupsiecola Mon 10-Aug-15 10:24:39

Thank you today. Have you had good weather since you've been there? We will probably risk it. It's such a great, wholesome holiday lol.

todayiamfat Tue 11-Aug-15 18:27:58

Just got home. But yesterday and today were beautiful. Friday reached 40 on the balcony.

Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now