Talk

Advanced search

Help, sense of humour failure on holiday

(10 Posts)
piechuck Fri 07-Aug-15 21:06:05

Our much needed holiday has arrived and we landed at our villa in the mountains close to the Costa del Sol today.

Last time we came to Spain the villa was brilliant and well equipped and comfortable (despite having no air con). This time we're in a different villa and we can't cope with the heat, there's no ceiling fans and the owners have said they'll drop a fan off tomorrow but will be charging us extra for it hmm.to top it all we seem to be next door to a party house who are pumping music out and I just WANT TO SLEEP.

Not the peaceful relaxing break we were hoping for - at least we have WIfi - we already paid the €25 extra for that shock

Have we got grounds to make a claim on the travel insurance and go home?!

Laquila Fri 07-Aug-15 21:09:35

Was the villa advertised as having ceiling fans/air con?

I feel for you, but I can't see you've got a snowball's chance of a successful travel insurance claim, sorry.

piechuck Sat 08-Aug-15 06:38:47

confused

Itsthiwooluff Sat 08-Aug-15 06:49:18

Nothing reduces me to a stage of rage so quickly as not being able to sleep. I recommend ear plugs and a damp towel draped over yourself at night.

piechuck Sun 09-Aug-15 07:52:09

Power cut last night so we didn't even have the fans that we'd paid extra for or any wifi. The outdoor nightclub next door wasn't affected by the power cut so they were able to entertain the neighbourhood with their noise.

DS, was whimpering at midnight in a sleepless mess, it was too hot and too noisy for him to sleep. He had a lovely fun day at the pool and is really enjoying the holiday but by midnight he was telling me he wants to go home hmm

The noise is killing us, we're supposed to be staying in a peaceful location, I've found a hotel down the road with air on charging €95 per night, but DP thinks we've already spent too much.

What would you do?

piechuck Sun 09-Aug-15 07:53:13

Oh and wooluff thanks for the tips, the damp towel helps a bit!

Coconutty Sun 09-Aug-15 08:04:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 09-Aug-15 08:08:06

That's awful.

I would, if finances allowed, check in someplace else.

sandgrown Sun 09-Aug-15 08:08:27

Wet socks help you keep cool . If you booked through a company that advertised the villa as a quiet location maybe you could complain?

Lweji Sun 09-Aug-15 08:11:57

I'd complain if it had been advertised as quiet.
But you were unreasonable to book anything in southern Europe in the summer without air con

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now