Talk

Advanced search

Gandia advice please

(12 Posts)
pugalicios Fri 07-Aug-15 15:00:12

My friend and I are looking to go somewhere mid September and we have found cheap flights to Gandia. However we are concerned about the transfers from Valencia as the taxis are coming out £150 return. We would land at 20.05 on a Tuesday is it possible to do it by train without loads of hanging around? I have tried to google it but getting nowhere!
Also can anyone tell me what Gandia is like please and if its reasonable to eat out and drink etc
Thanks

tribpot Fri 07-Aug-15 15:08:25

So you're flying in to Valencia airport? (There's no airport in Gandia, right?)

This suggests you can get a bus from Valencia Airport to Valencia every 15 mins (takes 45 mins) then once an hour a bus on to Gandia. It says the bus company is Alsa and their website has an English home page. It looks doable - I chose a random date in September and there is a departure from the airport at 20:45.

Personally I think I'd stay at the airport and do the journey in the morning but that's just me.

DragonRojo Sun 09-Aug-15 19:24:20

from the airport, get the metro to Xativa Renfe. It is a direct line. There you buy a "cercanias" ticket to Gandia. I think it is quite feasible

DragonRojo Sun 09-Aug-15 19:26:37

I just checked. There is a train at 21:41 and a 22:41. It takes an hour

DragonRojo Sun 09-Aug-15 19:27:28

http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/cercanias/valencia/

jamaisdeux Sun 09-Aug-15 19:30:47

I live in Gandia! DragonRojo's advice is spot on for getting from Valencia, it is very easy, the timings she has put are also spot on.

Gandia itself is so cheap as far as drinks, food etc goes. You'll have a great time. Are you going to the beach or into town?

NoMoreDelays Sun 09-Aug-15 19:38:11

Car hire is often very cheap in Spain so may be worth considering even if you only use it for getting from and to the airport.

pugalicios Mon 10-Aug-15 08:42:54

I am wondering if maybe we should just stay in Valencia. What do you think?

DragonRojo Mon 10-Aug-15 17:39:38

do you mean stay the first night out for the whole trip? personally I think Valencia is wonderful and has a lot to offer. If you have never been, it would be more fun than Gandia. But if you just want a beach holiday, then I would go to Gandia instead

pugalicios Mon 10-Aug-15 18:04:52

Thanks for the advice booked a place in Valencia overlooking a beach. What is the cost of meals out and drinks like please

DragonRojo Tue 11-Aug-15 07:36:27

Breakfast: about 2 Euro for coffee and a croissant in a normal bar in town. A bit more if you sit on a beach terrace. At midday, you can have a fix price menu for under 13 Euro in most places. Evenings I would budget about 25 Euro. Drinks vary a lot, but I reckon about 2 Euro for a small beer or 7 Euro for a very large gin and tonic. If you are near the beach in Valencia, you will need a metro/tram card to get to the centre. The 10 ticket card costs 10 Euro more or less. I haven't bought one for a while.

pugalicios Tue 11-Aug-15 21:17:54

Thanks Dragon appreciate the advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now