Talk

Advanced search

Which beachy places are cheap to fly to in Sept?

(7 Posts)
mrslebon Thu 06-Aug-15 23:13:21

Hi, we're thinking of trying to book a cheap beach holiday in mid-September with a budget of around £800. I'm thinking of booking flights and then getting an Air B&B property. I've found cheap-ish flights to places like Milan, Barcelona and Madrid, but ideally we wanted more of a beach place with our 3 year old in tow. The obvious places like Greece and the Canaries are pricey. Where else should I be trying?

Chasingsquirrels Sun 09-Aug-15 08:10:16

Murcia in Spain. Try accommodation in Punta Prima, Play Flamanca, Zenia etc. Or Mar de Menor (still Murcia) has lovely beaches. Make sure the property us near to beach and has a pool and air con.

Chasingsquirrels Sun 09-Aug-15 08:11:42

Although you might be better doing last minute booking, we saw all inclusive to Greece at the end of Aug for £199 pp a couple of weeks ago.

ihatethecold Sun 09-Aug-15 08:15:02

Valencia has a lovely beach. We went on the last weekend of September last year.
Loads to do with a child as well.
We found it to be very cheap when we were there.

mrslebon Sun 09-Aug-15 22:41:37

Thanks! Hadn't thought of Murcia. Have been to Valencia before and loved it.

mrslebon Mon 17-Aug-15 18:06:42

So in the end we booked to fly from Bournemouth to Girona! Staying in a villa near Begur so really looking forward to it. Flights and villa came to £900 for me, DH and DS. Yay!

Hersetta427 Mon 17-Aug-15 22:28:26

Agree the mar menor. Los alcazares is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now