Talk

Advanced search

Warm-ish Christmas holiday destination

(14 Posts)
Peshwari Fri 31-Jul-15 20:56:43

We've got no family in the UK and the way Christmas falls this year means we've also both got a full week off work so we're considering going away.

Ideally I'd like some sunshine, but it doesn't need to be super hot, we've considered the Canaries but wondering if anybody had any other recommendations.

We'd want to be self catering and wouldn't want to be in a resort type place.

BikeRunSki Fri 31-Jul-15 20:57:18

Nice

paxtecum Fri 31-Jul-15 21:02:04

La Gomera is a Canary Island but less touristy than the others.
The scenery is spectacular.

Peshwari Fri 31-Jul-15 21:04:24

Does it not snow in Nice sometimes?

Dollyemi Fri 31-Jul-15 21:11:05

Malta, Palma, Northern Cyprus (not sure if it's open in Winter!), miami, New York, Dubai if budget allows. Don't expect to celebrate Christmas though to the same extent, but that may be the appeal!

BikeRunSki Fri 31-Jul-15 21:12:52

Only in the mountains I believe. I've done a few shirt-sleeves, no coats Christmases in Nice (sister lives there).

whiteagle Fri 31-Jul-15 21:12:55

Thailand - but try today stretch today 10 days.

Peshwari Sat 01-Aug-15 10:38:22

We're only looking at short haul - 4 hours max

specialsubject Sat 01-Aug-15 11:23:00

in that case, Canaries. Book soon.

BareGrylls Sat 01-Aug-15 15:24:04

We used to do that every year pre DC. Any of the Canaries will give you warm or even hot sunshine at Christmas. Daylight hours are shorter and evenings are cool plus you need a heated pool to swim.

Hersetta427 Tue 04-Aug-15 22:07:54

Stretch it to 5 and go to Egypt. Weather is much more stable.

Hepzibar Tue 04-Aug-15 22:27:16

We've been to Canaries for the last 6/7 years. Fuerteventura, Lanzarote and, last year Gran Canaria. Had Lovely weather for all. We've booked for Lanzarote for this Christmas. Be warned though - one year we left it too late and could not get flights.

Peshwari Fri 07-Aug-15 14:37:36

Egypt is too resort based to be of interest to me.

We've done the Canaries/Madeira around February for the last 5 years or so, but a change in my work situation has meant it's probably worth the extra expense to go at Christmas so less time off work required. Was just wondering if there was somewhere else I hadn't considered.

Rizzlekicks Sat 08-Aug-15 21:53:47

We enjoyed Agadir in Morocco

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now