Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Brussels?

(5 Posts)
NowSissyThatWalk Fri 31-Jul-15 16:17:45

Blinks into the light realizing there are other thread aside from AIBU and Relationships

Going to Brussels on Tuesday - Thursday (2 nights) for my birthday.
Any recommendations? Sights? Restaurants? Obviously the Grand Plaza, and I think we're going to hit up a Jazz bar. Anything else?
Would be very much appreciated!

TheHammaconda Sat 01-Aug-15 16:16:15

I live here. Grand Place is beautiful. Bia Mara v. nr the Grand Place is a great resto.

The Musical Instrument Museum is fantastic as is the Museum of Natural Sciences. Museum of Nat Science is free on the first Weds of each month, I think the Musical Instrument Museum is too. Comic museum is great.

The Parliamentarium is a great, free interactive museum about the European Parliament.

Where abouts are you staying?

Cecyhall Sat 01-Aug-15 16:41:36

Make sure to have a drink or food in the restaurant at the top of the musical instrument museum, fab views of the city (I didn't enjoy the actual museum but that's just my taste).

TheHammaconda Sat 01-Aug-15 16:55:05

You can go up to the resto for free. There's a platform on the roof of the Military Museum (alos free, you have to pay for the 1914 -2014 exhibit) in the Parc du Cinquantenaire where you can get a good panoramic view of the city.

MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels Sat 01-Aug-15 20:44:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now