Talk

Advanced search

Lake Garda (Bella Italia) - any tips / recommendations?

(7 Posts)
oneowlgirl Sun 26-Jul-15 22:29:45

We're going to Bella Italia at the weekend, so just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of must see / do on the campsite & in the surrounding areas. Also, any general hints would be much appreciated (Travelling with 3 boys ages 8, 6 & 4). TIA.

Behooven Sun 26-Jul-15 22:40:15

Lucky you! We came back from Peschiera a couple of weeks ago. Loads of lovely restaurants and things to do. Free buses to Gardaland Movieland and Caneva world if you fancy going there, ferry trips, train to Verona, cable car to the top of Monte Balde from Malcesine - and obviously that's not even counting everything there is to do on the site!

oneowlgirl Sun 26-Jul-15 22:43:44

That all sounds great - do you need a car for those things as we won't have one?

Behooven Sun 26-Jul-15 22:49:38

Not at all. Train station is a half hour walk from the site, maybe a bit longer with wee ones, then only 20 minutes into Verona. The ferry terminal is in the centre of the town so you can catch it to other towns around the lake. The local bus service is really good to get around too. I'm envy wish we had still to go!

oneowlgirl Sun 26-Jul-15 22:58:40

Thanks so much - sounds fab! I've always wanted to go to Lake Garda so your posts are getting me very excited!

Bunbaker Sun 26-Jul-15 22:59:16

I have been to Lake Garda twice and never felt I needed a car. We just use the ferry to get around. It's far nicer than a bus. We just visited different towns round the lake.

oneowlgirl Sun 26-Jul-15 23:01:14

Great, thanks Bun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now