Talk

Advanced search

Taking DD's friend to Majorca with us

(10 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 25-Jul-15 18:16:33

I'd like to take DD and her friend on holiday with me next summer. They'll be 14 and 13 by then.

(1) Where's nice to stay? Self-catering, nice pool, near beach, not boisterous at night?
(2) Can I get a two-bedroomed apartment? Am I allowed to be in one room with two children in another, one of whom is not mine?!

3littlefrogs Sat 25-Jul-15 18:23:22

Remember you must have a signed letter from her parents for passport control.

Self catering is always good. Pool as long as both good swimmers and life guards present.

Everything else is up to the visiting child's parents.

UserManualRequired Sat 25-Jul-15 18:28:59

I'm just back from Cala D'or with my 7 year old and already planning to go back next year. We stayed in a 1 bed apartment (inturotel resort), 2 mins from beach and restaurants. It's basically a group of apartments with hotel facilities if you want to use them, very clean, staff very helpful. Lovely town with beautiful beaches (small coves), water crystal clear.
Good choice of restaurants and very reasonably priced, even at the marina which is beautiful. Lots for children to do, fun parks with bungee jumping, go-karting etc, crazy golf. There are a few disco bars but not many and everything seems to shut down around midnight, didn't see any drunken shenanigans, very much a family resort and lots of different nationalities so didn't feel like a brits abroad type place.

PotteringAlong Sat 25-Jul-15 18:30:50

Make sure her parents know you won't be in the same room as her too! They might not be keen.

UserManualRequired Sat 25-Jul-15 18:34:24

Meant to say, our 1 bed apartment was fine for 4 people, the sofa beds in the lounge were just as comfortable as the actual beds.

Euphemia Sat 25-Jul-15 18:35:02

I'm sure her parents would be fine with it - I've taken the two of them away in the UK before and had separate rooms.

Dollyemi Sat 25-Jul-15 18:35:36

Puerto pollensa, laid back resort with lots of nice restaurants and an authentic feel to it. Gorgeous beach, ten minutes from the bigger resort of Alcudia which is very touristy but has an amazing beach and ten minutes in the other direction to the old town of Pollensa, cobbled streets, Spanish feel to it with a great market. Best of both worlds if you stay in Puerto Pollensa. My friends always stay at the Flora apartments if that helps.

AliceMum09 Sat 25-Jul-15 20:54:31

Definitely Puerto Pollensa, we have stayed twice at the Puerto Azul hotel (which is across the road from the Flora) but it's half board, not self catering. I would also look at the Villa Concha, the apartments there have a proper kitchen so I'm sure self-catering would be an option there.

All three of those places are near the beach, the Flora and Puerto Azul are near the Pine Walk pedestrianised path along the back of the narrower section of beach. The villa Concha is the other side of the town centre, to get to the beach you have to cross the main road (that goes round the bay to Alcudia) but the beach is bigger than by the Pine Walk.

It would be perfect for you, and it's the sort of place that you could allow the girls to go off for half an hour to have an ice cream by themselves or something. I remember going to Spain with my best friends family when we were both 14 (I think it was Moraira we went to, we definitely flew to Alicante) and we were allowed to have a wander early evening and get an ice cream while her parents and younger sister sat in a cafe/bar for a drink. Puerto Pollensa is very safe.

makemineapinot Sat 01-Aug-15 20:44:43

Club Martha in Cala Egos near Cala d'or. Fabulous place and you can get a 1 bed apartment where your bedroom is off the lounge which has 2 beds.

librarypictures Sat 01-Aug-15 23:39:12

Another vote for Puerto Pollensa. We stayed at Cala D'Or this year and it was fine but much prefer Puerto Pollensa. It is more picturesque and we have to confess we missed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now