Talk

Advanced search

Where is like west coast of Scotland but guaranteed good weather?

(15 Posts)
BasementPeople Fri 24-Jul-15 20:22:12

We just had an AMAZING holiday on the west coast of Scotland. Fabulous beaches with sand, rock-pools to explore and rocks to climb. Amazing scenery and wildlife (saw puffins close up, eagles, buzzards). Great cakes! Great castles. Did some little walks up tiny hills with the kids. Beautifully quiet too. It was awesome.

But.....we were really lucky with the weather, and even so it was a bit too rainy.

So where in Europe can we have basically the same holiday - but with higher chance of great weather?

Euphemia Sat 25-Jul-15 18:13:27

The east coast of Scotland! wink

Bunbaker Sat 25-Jul-15 18:16:56

Sark. It is my favourite UK destination. It is like going back in time by 50 years. The only motorised traffic on the is tractors and you either walk or cycle to get around. The coastline is very rugged and so there is plenty to explore. I have been three times now and can't wait to go again.

Iggi999 Sat 25-Jul-15 18:18:25

Nowhere. It's the price you pay for the greenery.

Behooven Sat 25-Jul-15 18:34:23

Northern Italy, around Riva/Trentino. Beautiful, verdant and proper seasons, ie hot in the summer and snowy in the winter

BikeRunSki Sat 25-Jul-15 18:39:12

New Zealand

DidgeDoolittle Sat 25-Jul-15 18:50:57

Northern Spain, the Picos mountains.

specialsubject Sat 25-Jul-15 20:13:15

New Zealand has even more changeable weather than the UK!

as someone said - if you want green and wildlife, it needs regular rain.

OnlyBejoking Sat 25-Jul-15 20:15:15

Greece

HelloClouds Sun 26-Jul-15 16:42:33

A hidden gem - Cazorla National Park in Andalucia.
www.sierrasdecazorlaseguraylasvillas.es/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=86

Branleuse Mon 27-Jul-15 13:40:26

The jura in france reminded me of the scottish highlands but hotter, and Brittany has loads of similarities to the west coast scotland/cornwall/wales, but warmer, although you cant guarantee weather in brittany

castlesintheair Mon 27-Jul-15 22:04:34

I was going to say Brittany too but you cannot rely on the weather as Branleuse says.

Branleuse Mon 27-Jul-15 23:22:24

its more reliable than Scotland though, and less midges

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Mon 27-Jul-15 23:28:37

Northern France? I haven't been personally but was watching a tv show set there , The Returned, and it looks stunning, not coastal though.

makemineapinot Sat 01-Aug-15 20:42:48

Corfu - always reminds me of home on a very good day!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now