Talk

Advanced search

Italy - which Lake area for active family?

(4 Posts)
decena Thu 23-Jul-15 19:10:20

Hi, we are considering Venice next year, and combining with a week at one of the Lakes. I've never been to this area before - any suggestions for the best area for an active family, children aged 10 and 13? There seems to be Garda and Como and various towns around.
Thanks!

Behooven Sun 26-Jul-15 01:07:32

The eastern side of Lake Garda has cycling, water sports, swimming and of course the water park. Always plenty to do. I haven't been to Como so can't help with that one.

3catsandcounting Sun 26-Jul-15 10:58:53

We went to Garda last year (combined with a couple of days in Venice) DCs were 14 & 16. We stayed on a campsite in a very nice mobile home right next to the lake.

The lake had jetties to jump off, the water was pretty cold but fine and there were plenty of pedaloes etc around.

We didn't get to Gardaland, but I believe it's worth it.

What sort of accommodation are you thinking of?

LIZS Sun 26-Jul-15 11:08:13

Garda is much livelier than Como, but also more crowded. The North end of Garda - Riva, Torbole etc - has good sailing and windsurfing (windier than South) and ready access to hikes in the mountains above Malcesine or behind Riva. You can drive the highway towards the Dolomites if you fancy going further afield.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now