Talk

Advanced search

Can you get last minute deals in the school holidays?

(7 Posts)
notquitehuman Mon 20-Jul-15 17:38:47

My DS hasn't reached school age yet, so I've never really travelled out of term time before. However, my DH has managed to get next week off and we are thinking of grabbing a last minute deal somewhere sunny. I was just wondering whether any other Mumsnetters have had luck finding a last minute deal in July? Do holiday companies still do reductions to fill their hotels, or will they keep them high knowing that people will pay a premium? I'd be interested to hear opinions and experiences.

Bunbaker Tue 21-Jul-15 08:20:03

I can't comment on the pricing, but we have managed to get last minute holidays in the summer break.

Christelle2207 Tue 21-Jul-15 08:25:02

You will get a holiday but doubt therr will be many good offers at this stage. Unfortunately the good places will have sold out and if somewhere isn't sold out yet for a peak week, there'll be a reason. That said, I hear there are some bargains to be had in Greece. smile

notquitehuman Tue 21-Jul-15 13:06:57

I don't mind Greece actually! Carrying lots of cash would make me nervous though.

I'm glad to hear there will be some availability. I know that we won't get the usual super cheapo deals, but it'd be nice to keep it under a couple of grand.

Christelle2207 Tue 21-Jul-15 13:19:51

Do check out tripadvisor before booking anything

Hersetta427 Tue 21-Jul-15 13:55:33

I suspect there is less around than normal as people (including me) have had to re-arrange their Tunisian holidays. Sure there will still be stuff but maybe not the choice (or quality) there would otherwise have been. I would look at the major tour operators and other such as travelsupermarket.

Bunbaker Tue 21-Jul-15 14:02:58

You wouldn't be carrying lots of cash around once you get to your accommodation as most places have a safe that you can use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now