Talk

Advanced search

Menorca self catering with toddler and baby? Please help!

(8 Posts)
Couldashouldawoulda Wed 08-Jul-15 13:20:01

I'd like to book a week away in Menorca in September for me, DH, our toddler and new baby. Self catering, with at least 2 bedrooms (so we can put the kids to bed and then have dinner together), tasteful decor and reasonably safe for the kids. We'd love it if there was a really nice beach nearby, and would prefer somewhere relatively quiet and peaceful. Something like a cottage on a complex or a nice apartment might work.

It'll be my first time in Menorca, and I've done lots of searching online but nothing's jumping out. Can any of you recommend somewhere suitable? Many thanks in advance for your help!

cookiedoughyum Wed 08-Jul-15 13:38:03

We've just got back from Binibeca, toddler & baby, self catering, in villa with private pool. Binibeca is very quiet but lovely beach, pretty town to wander round in Binibeca Vell, cute little tourist train which goes along the coast. Only 20mins transfer from airport (so on flight path, if this bothers you!) I'd recommend it but would suggest hiring a car so you can have a couple of days exploring too.

Couldashouldawoulda Wed 08-Jul-15 14:52:32

Ooh sounds great, Cookiedough! Where did you stay, can I ask?

cookiedoughyum Wed 08-Jul-15 16:23:15

A private villa in binibeca, it's mainly all private villas. It might be worth a google to see if you can book one directly rather than as a package holiday thru tour operator...might be cheaper that way??

Couldashouldawoulda Thu 09-Jul-15 07:52:58

Ok, thanks. I'll have a look.

smileyhappymummy Sun 12-Jul-15 21:52:13

We are doing something fairly similar this summer and are staying here
www.villas-menorca.com/villa.asp?v=27
No idea what it's like obviously as we haven't been yet but the gated swimming pool sold it to us!

busyboysmum Tue 28-Jul-15 21:10:21

We stayed in this villa last October and it was perfect:

www.villaplus.com/menorca/villas/cala-blanca

It was a short walk to a lovely sandy beach and a 5 minute drive to the town of Cuitadela which was authentically Spanish and had a great square with a play area in the middle and bars all around.

elsueno Wed 09-Sep-15 14:28:31

Hi shame I've only seen this now but had to leave messages for anyone interested next year. I have stayed in a villa in Calan Porter in menorca where the person has thought of everything. For babies there were nappy changing mat, play mat, toilet training seat on toilet, travel cot, microwave steriliser, bouncy seat, toys for little ones (wii for older ones), high chair, dining table booster seat and that is all I can think of on the top of my head. My son is older now but did think gosh so much less things for parents to take. Pool was not heated but in June and August when I've been the pool was just nice (for me) and my son and his friend didn't care. Oh and just remembered something else baby bath. If anyone is interested I can try and find paperwork again. Hope that helps anyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now