Talk

Advanced search

Short haul with kids club, help!

(10 Posts)
Balistapus Mon 29-Jun-15 21:03:39

My partner and I desperately need a holiday with our 2 year old. We are looking for a week long package, beach type holiday in Europe that's not too pricey. We're thinking mid-late september to keep the cost down. The key thing is that we need some sort of kids club so we can have a couple of hours a day to ourselves as we are both burnt out.

We were both independent travellers before having the small one so have no clue about these sorts of holidays. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Heels99 Tue 30-Jun-15 08:10:19

most kIds cluBs won't take kids under 4 look for crèches or nannies. However neilsons holidays have brilliant childcare for all ages and are sporty active holidays so may suit you.

Balistapus Tue 30-Jun-15 11:33:49

Thanks for the reply. Yes, when we looked we found places like Thomson and First Choice will take 3 year olds but couldn't find anything for 2 year olds. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look up Neilsons.

Heels99 Tue 30-Jun-15 11:48:25

Baby bolt holes, quo vadis and tots too websites let you filter for crèches when doing a search. In my experience though holidays with childcare for under 4s tend to be pricy as they tend to be hotels with lots of facilities. May not suit you if you are independent travel minded to be in a mega resort.
Accommodation at neilsons tends to be basic but the kids have an amazing time, 2 year olds are out with the nannies in sailing boats, kayaks, speed boats etc! Adults can do watersports, tennis, cycling or just relax.

Hersetta427 Tue 30-Jun-15 14:17:28

holiday village hotels. They have a crèche service which has 2 hr sessions 3 x daily for under 3's plus a 3hr evening session. All UK qualified staff and adhere to UK ratios of staff to children.

Creche is a payable extra but not expensive (Nine 2 hr sessions are £65)

GetHappy Wed 01-Jul-15 20:29:09

We are going to Aparthotel Playa Mar in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca in September.

Our daughter will be 20 months and upon booking, via Thomson, it offered us the optiom of booking creche places at a price. I didn't book but you can once there so I decided to wait. I can't remember the exact prices but from memory I didn't find them extortionate

mudpiesfortea Thu 02-Jul-15 12:16:11

Olympic lagoon paphos have kids club from 6 months included in the price. All the staff are from UK and they stick to OFSTED ratios. We're there now and my kids are loving it

mary21 Thu 02-Jul-15 17:17:38

Mark Warner?

Balistapus Sat 04-Jul-15 20:38:25

Thanks for the replies. Lots of useful suggestions, which I'll look into.

notasausage Fri 10-Jul-15 20:49:47

Thomson Protur Bonaire at Cala Bona in Mallorca has a crèche for 3 and under. Bookable locally and I imagine any of their family resorts have the same. Just booked Coma Gran with Thomson for next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now