Talk

Advanced search

Mainland Spain - never been! Recommendations please

(13 Posts)
rara67 Wed 24-Jun-15 12:25:25

Looking at booking a villa for the last week of August/first week September. I think I may have more choice in Spain at this late stage, but I have no idea of its geography so some places look great but could be hours of driving from the airport. Any suggestions please?

HelloClouds Wed 24-Jun-15 17:02:17

One way to make things easier is if you go to the Owners Direct Home page, under the big green Search button is an option for map search. Click that and then you can home in within a reasonable distance of your particular airport - Malaga is great for low cost flights for example. The you can use the filters near the top of the page to narrow it down by price, size, online booking options and facilities etc. A lot of owners may still have space in that week - worth a try!

Hoppinggreen Wed 24-Jun-15 20:29:13

I love the costa de la luz, you fly to Faro in Portugal and then drive about 40 minutes in the opposite direction to The Algarve and pop over the border into Spain.
It's still very Spanish, no English pubs etc. I've spent a lot if time in Spain and it's my favourite area - especially Isla canela/Ayamonte area.

Hassled Wed 24-Jun-15 20:34:17

The area between Granada and Cordoba is lovely - easily accessible via Malaga. Granada is an amazing place.

blossomblowing Thu 25-Jun-15 21:24:31

depends what you want, beaches, sports, baby friendly, buzzing town with tapas or self catering.. its a very big country! the north is beautiful, the south very dry and more expensive, east coast very popular with young families.. places like Moraira get lots of coverage on this board. or head in land to the valleys and just have a day a the beach and jsut potter around the market, go out for lunch, chill by your pool etc.. James Villas or similar and you cant go too wrong.

IsabellaofFrance Fri 26-Jun-15 21:05:19

We have been to Andalucia several times and love it, especially the Huelva area. You can find some real bargains if you look at owners direct or holiday lettings.

Hoppinggreen Fri 26-Jun-15 22:03:40

That's the area I mean isabella

IsabellaofFrance Sat 27-Jun-15 08:07:22

It really is beautiful. We have just booked for next summer and got a lovely apartment with a shared pool for £393 a week.

Hoppinggreen Sat 27-Jun-15 08:55:50

We own a property there and are heading over there at the end July for 3 weeks.
Enjoy your holiday isabella and you OP wherever you end up

IsabellaofFrance Sat 27-Jun-15 12:12:45

hopping when you go, who do you fly with and which airport? We have done Ryan Air and Easy Jet to Seville a few times but the prices are getting sillier each year, to the point that its almost cheaper to fly with Iberia or BA if you can be flexible.

SnowieBear Sat 27-Jun-15 12:22:46

Hugs to all Huelva lovers... that's where I hail from. Miles and miles of uninterrupted Atlantic beach, dunes, lovely food and truly undiscovered and unspoiled.

Hoppinggreen Sat 27-Jun-15 13:57:16

Waves to snowie
We fly jet2 to Faro. Our property is 45 mins drive from there, literally 5 minutes from the border - we can see Portugal from the beach!!!
We find that due to the popularity of the Portugese Algarve there are plenty of year round flights and being based in the North of England there aren't many Seville flights anyway.
We are going in August this year but to be honest it's a bit hot and I prefer May and October - hot enough for the pool and beach but not uncomfortable

Carrie5608 Sun 05-Jul-15 11:43:24

We love Javea (pronounced Havea) it's really lovely. Fly to Alicante.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now