Talk

Advanced search

Pram & Train

(6 Posts)
MumOfOne14 Tue 23-Jun-15 15:14:44

Does anyone know the rules of being able to take my baby, still in pram, on the train?? I'm catching a train tomorrow for only an hour & 1/2 journey & was hoping my 7month old DS could stay in his pram for a sleep?? Are there designated area for this??

Gemauve Tue 23-Jun-15 15:19:00

Are there designated area for this??

It depends on the stock (telling us the route would help) but the general answer is no. Paradoxically, in my experience it was easier on commuter / intra-urban stock, as you just put the buggy in the cycle area, while on longer distance stock there simply isn't anywhere suitable (cyclists would normally put their bikes in what amounts to a luggage van).

widget2015 Tue 23-Jun-15 15:27:39

Many trains have an area for wheelchairs where you can put a pram provided there are no wheelchair users using the space. The staff on the platform often know which carriage it is in.

MumOfOne14 Tue 23-Jun-15 18:50:46

Ah, he sleeps best in his pram so was hoping he could stay in there... I'm traveling west along South Wales. Yeah hopefully I'll ask the staff, my pram doesn't go very flat & I haven't got a buggy yet! I could entertain him for a little bit & maybe rock him in my arms for the sleep.. smile

Artandco Tue 23-Jun-15 18:52:19

Do you have a sling you could take instead? Then he could just sleep in that on your lap or you can walk up and down a bit to send him to sleep

Bippidee Tue 23-Jun-15 18:56:08

Depends what route along South Wales you're doing. Some of the trains are little more than glorified buses. (Sorry!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now