Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Turkey in Oct half term? Or….?

(9 Posts)
maymummy22 Sun 21-Jun-15 08:40:29

We (me, DH, 2xDC, 9&4) are looking for somewhere warm and sunny for Oct half term - not too long a flight, sandy beach, ideally all inclusive - warm enough to swim in beach/pool. A friend recommended Bodrum in Turkey but I'm a bit confused about security.

Would you go and if not there, then where? We've been to Malta in October and the weather was decidedly iffy - 2 days good but lots of cloud, rain and wind!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 21-Jun-15 08:42:46

Canary Islands? We went to gran canaria in oct half term and had a fab time. Nice beaches where we were, about a 4 hour flight.

maymummy22 Sun 21-Jun-15 08:46:01

Thanks Through. Where did you go? We've been to the Canaries at this time a few times over the year and been disappointed in the resort but also the weather - maybe we're just unlucky with weather!

HarryLimeFoxtrot Sun 21-Jun-15 08:47:26

We're going to the Algarve (2.5 hour flight). I decided Turkey was just too far away. If you're prepared to travel as far as Turkey, then how about Cyprus?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 21-Jun-15 10:18:23

We went to Amadores OP. Really lovely, beautiful golden sandy beach, and gorgeous hot weather.

It's the only time we've been to the canaries, so I have nothing to compare it to. Maybe we were lucky, but we'd go back like a shot.

chancer2014 Sun 21-Jun-15 11:19:46

Sorrytohijack but ThroughThick, what hotel didyou stay in? Was it AI?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 21-Jun-15 12:04:50

It was the Gloria Palace, chancer. We did have the fortune to be upgraded to the most amazing accommodation which probably helped our experience. Staff, and facilities were excellent.

simplydevine05 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:41:04

I did gran canaria in Jan and had hot sunny weather all week with temperatures around 25 degrees.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 22-Jun-15 11:21:13

I would go to Bodrum any time, it is beautiful there. I used to live ythere for a few years and we go back as often as we can.
What do you mean by security? There are no problems with security out there at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now