Talk

Advanced search

City break help

(18 Posts)
MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Sat 20-Jun-15 16:30:01

We are going to have a 4/5 night city break but can't decide where to go. We have looked at Warsaw, Copenhagen or Budapest just on price really but have got stuck.

Anyone been to any of these or anywhere else and can recommend it please?

I will have two teenagers with me.

Heels99 Sat 20-Jun-15 16:33:08

Copenhagen is lovely. Prefer it to Budapest because there is more to do and as a city it is more attractive. I don't think Warsaw is much of a tourist destination tbh.
So
1. Copenhagen
2.budapest
3.warsaw

MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Sat 20-Jun-15 18:13:39

Thanks, DH doesn't fancy Warsaw apparently.

DCs like good shops and nice food.

My friend said that Copenhagen is quite expensive. I fancy Budapest.

Gumnast2014 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:31:12

I found Budapest small and struggled to fill 4 days

I would go for Copenhagen every time

MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Sat 20-Jun-15 19:05:07

We went to Lisbon last year and loved it but the flights are quite pricey thus year.

Prague and Berlin are also reasonable but not sure about them either.

Prague is lovely. We're off to Berlin this summer.

Allalonenow Sat 20-Jun-15 19:10:47

Shops and food ~ Antwerp.

MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Sun 21-Jun-15 16:28:59

Berlin looks lovely. I'm adding that to the pot.

Warsaw is out and Prague is in too. Antwerp is coming up as too pricey for our dates.

anyquestions Sun 21-Jun-15 23:21:33

We recently had a very successful 4 night city break to Vienna with DC aged 14 and 11. Wandered around the central cathedral area and main shopping street; did the touristy tram tour of the city; visited Schoenbrunn palace and gardens; went to the Prater (big funfair in central Vienna with the big wheel that famously featured in the film The Third Man); visited the Belvedere art gallery (NB you could actually fill an entire Vienna city break just with visits to world class art galleries if you wanted to!).

Alice1983 Sun 21-Jun-15 23:29:27

Barcelona; Lubjiana or Dresden

MyPelvicFloorTrainsItself Sun 28-Jun-15 21:24:51

We are down to Berlin or Budapest now. DH ruled out Prague as its apparently full of stag weekends confused

Bellebelle Sun 12-Jul-15 12:48:48

We did 4 nights in Copenhagen last October and loved it. It is more expensive than the UK but not eyewateringly so. Loads to do, amazing food, nice shops, Tivoli gardens is fun for children (and adults!) and you can pop across to Sweden for the day or take a train up the coast to an amazing art gallery (forgotten the name). We'll probably go back as we didn't get the chance to explore a lot of parts of the city we had on our 'to do' list.

ButterflyOfFreedom Sun 12-Jul-15 13:11:34

Best City I've ever had was in Lisbon

Prague was good too.

Berlin of course for the history.

I've never been but on my list is Florence, Rome, Budapest and Amsterdam.

ButterflyOfFreedom Sun 12-Jul-15 13:11:52

* city break

Sandgroper Mon 13-Jul-15 14:32:33

Hi

We went to Madrid for 5 days with DS's at Easter, fantastic city heaps to do and some of the best cafes/tapas etc. One of the best city breaks we have done for ages. So cheap too, which is always a bonus. Loved it so much we would go back again (don't usually go to the same place twice, too many other places to see).

KittyOShea Mon 13-Jul-15 14:37:40

I really enjoyed Budapest but as a pp said Vienna is hard to beat.

Prague- depends on time of year for stag nights. We went in February and saw none. It was cold (-12) but dry and beautiful in the winter.

MyHovercraftIsFullOfEels Wed 22-Jul-15 22:51:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now